MythTV is the best project I've found in years

Assuming you can get it to work. I read the thread linked earlier about using the HD-PVR with linux and it doesn't sound well supported at the moment. The process to go through when the HD-PVR box locks (which for me at least is at least a daily occurance) is rather ridiculous. At least in windows I can just turn it off and back on.

I'd love to give this a try if they can get better support for the PVR though (I also wish Hauppague wouldn't release obviously beta quality hardware, but who am I kidding?). The HD-PVR is a great device when it works, but just look at all the bug threads on the boards for any media center software and you get an idea of just how unrealiable this thing is. I've pretty much had to resort to recording everything on a STB DVR then copying it manually to the computer through the HD-PVR. Obviously, not the ideal setup and defeats much of the purpose of easy recording/scheduling through the computer.

If my cable is broadcasting both analog and digital, do I have to have two different tuners for it? like fuxxy to record analog and digital?

If my cable is broadcasting both analog and digital, do I have to have two different tuners for it? like fuxxy to record analog and digital?

Some QAM tuners support both Analog and Digital signals, but not all. The one I use does, but I haven't found many other tuners that do.

Back