Mythbusters Ending Next Year

Kari was so obviously there to entertain people who don't have their own boobs and/or are sad enough to get excited about TV boobs. It was also silly that the show was trying to fake present her as someone in her 20s with her clothes and hair even though she was pretty far past that.
And over-analyzing takes some of the fun out of things ;)

It would be fine if the audience it was made for wasn't worried about them as much as it is. They treat them like forbidden fruit or something and everyone gets flustered or upset about them. But really, there's very little that's great about dragging around fatty milk glands for your entire life that you need for maybe two or three years of it at most that everyone fusses over. Humans are dumbly designed and the cultural stuff that's developed around parts of that dumb design just amplify the dumbness greatly.

You must be fun at parties!

It would be fine if the audience it was made for wasn't worried about them as much as it is. They treat them like forbidden fruit or something and everyone gets flustered or upset about them. But really, there's very little that's great about dragging around fatty milk glands for your entire life that you need for maybe two or three years of it at most that everyone fusses over. Humans are dumbly designed and the cultural stuff that's developed around parts of that dumb design just amplify the dumbness greatly.

God i hate you so much. Congrats on being the first forum troll to actually make me mad.

/thread

fhm_5.jpg

God i hate you so much. Congrats on being the first forum troll to actually make me mad.

He's not even a good troll at that. I have him blocked, but only if I remember to log into [H], otherwise I see his nonsense rambling. :(

Not forbidden fruit per se (we all have the internet, come on now people; that, or you're (not you specifically) way too awkward in social situations). But still great nonetheless.

Great is a nice book and hot chocolate on a snowy day at home, not boobs. But hey, whatever. We all have weird things we like.

And over-analyzing takes some of the fun out of things ;)

That really isn't a very deep analysis though. I'm just pointing out that Kari was there because of the show's mostly guy audience and it was pretty obvious what they were after with her wardrobe when she was on screen. I mean, if that's the depth that it takes to make something not fun, then we totally just ruined this by stepping into a mud puddle.

You must be fun at parties!

No, I'm not fun at all at parties. When I do go (or get dragged out by friends) I totally sit in the corner and frown all Grumpy Cat-like. Parties suck! :mad:

So wait, after all this time and ALL of the totally dumb posts I've made in the past like what...three...four maybe years _this_ is the post that makes you mad? I mean, I've posted tons of trolling junk, but I was actually being serious and just making a legitimate gripe about how stupid it is to have to deal with mammary glands for an entire lifetime and that was the one that upset you? I admit I don't get that at all.

she was utterly useless. all she ever did was be girly and paint things pink. during her pregnancy there was someone who briefly replaced her. think her name was Scotty or something? she was super good at welding, especially when they built a catapult using some containers. now THAT would have been the perfect woman on the show due to her skill.

It was (the love of my life) Jessi Combs who came in while Kari was preggers.They did shark myths for at least one of those episodes.
Scotty Chapman was earlier on the show before Grant became a on-screen personality. He previously worked in the background with engineering and electronics. Scotty could weld and fix the shit out of stuff too.

Great is definitely a book, but with coffee instead. Great is a spirited as fuck drive through some back roads where the only remnants of life are fall leaves. Great includes boobs most of the time.

What are you gay?

Great is definitely a book, but with coffee instead. Great is a spirited as fuck drive through some back roads where the only remnants of life are fall leaves. Great includes boobs most of the time.

Coffee is okay too, though I've been staying away from it in favor of tea. There's still an occasional cup around, but I hate getting used to having it and then getting those "Oh, you didn't drink coffee at the exact same time you do every other morning? REVENGE!!!!!" headaches. Cars for me are as exciting as a bookshelf or bottle of hand sanitizer and I suck at driving as pretty much every mailbox and trash can at every home my parents ever owned can attest so I stick to the speed limit or under it and a fear of outside/people/crowds keeps me away from driving anyway and boobs are annoying on a 24/7 basis.

I'm not clicking that thing, but seriously -- no, I'm not.

I can't say I've ever tried it with books and chocolate bouncing off my face, but whatever you're into.

Thank you...my after lunch tea almost ended up choking me to death. :D If I were in charge of handing out Internets, you would have won all of them for today.

Coffee is okay too, though I've been staying away from it in favor of tea. There's still an occasional cup around, but I hate getting used to having it and then getting those "Oh, you didn't drink coffee at the exact same time you do every other morning? REVENGE!!!!!" headaches. Cars for me are as exciting as a bookshelf or bottle of hand sanitizer and I suck at driving as pretty much every mailbox and trash can at every home my parents ever owned can attest so I stick to the speed limit or under it and a fear of outside/people/crowds keeps me away from driving anyway and boobs are annoying on a 24/7 basis.

You stay the hell off my road(s) Google!

I'm trying! :eek: If someone would offer grocery delivery to where I live, I'd only drive someplace for work.

Yeah, I don't have TV so I'm kinda lost on that one. I know Futurama is some kind of cartoon, but beyond that IDK.

2.6 years of dedicated trolling to the point that I don't even know anymore.

How do we know Google is a...he...? Are we grasping at straws here? I always assumed Google was female. :eek:

Shh! My clever disguise is supposed to be clever! :mad:

2.6 years of dedicated trolling to the point that I don't even know anymore.

It's longer than that. I had a case of antisocialness for a while and abandoned a previous account that was a year-ish old. And it's not _dedicated_ trolling. There's like a handful of slightly serious posts once every few months. But yes, suspect EVERYTHING!

Mythbusters did some crazy stuff over the years but knowing when to exit is very important. Too bad epic mealtime isn't following suit.

So wait, after all this time and ALL of the totally dumb posts I've made in the past like what...three...four maybe years _this_ is the post that makes you mad? I mean, I've posted tons of trolling junk, but I was actually being serious and just making a legitimate gripe about how stupid it is to have to deal with mammary glands for an entire lifetime and that was the one that upset you? I admit I don't get that at all.

No its been a while,but i never felt like saying anything.

Echoing the "Stopped watching it as religiously when they let Kari, Grant and Tory go" theme.

Yes, Kari was easy on the eyes, but I liked the genuine joy (or shock - like when that car they de-topped launched itself outside the safety berm, or when they first ignited the coffee creamer and got a lot more kaWOOM than they expected) she exhibited at everything they did, I liked Grant's quiet competence and ability to laugh at himself during the show, and as for Tory, I can't count the number of times I hollered at my wife "hey, get in here quick and see how Tory Bellaci hurt himself this time on the show!"

As for the haters, I'll just let Zombie Richard Feynman respond for me: https://xkcd.com/397/

No more pointless explosions? How will we cope.

I can't really pinpoint when Mythbusters went from being one of my favourite shows to being boring, but it did. I gave up watching it a few years ago. They basically run out of ideas and just started blowing things up on camera. I still remember the good times, like the lead zeppelin, but I don't care about them making any more boring* explosion shows.

*I know, who would have thought that explosions could be boring.

as for Tory, I can't count the number of times I hollered at my wife "hey, get in here quick and see how Tory Bellaci hurt himself this time on the show!"

As for the haters, I'll just let Zombie Richard Feynman respond for me: https://xkcd.com/397/

The episode where he does the bike jump and bust his ass always makes me crack up.

For me, I stopped watching before the three were let go, so that didn't affect me. It was honestly about the content, they just ran out of interesting myths. I enjoy Adams podcast and YouTube immensely though.
Yeah pretty much this for me, it got to a point where I stopped my DVR from recording it because who cares. "Myth buttered toast always falls face down" or "Myth (some random old timey phrase your grandmother uses" like seriously? Who fucking cares, can't teach an old dog new tricks is not a fucking myth, it's an old proverb.

Plus the writing was on the wall for a while about that show, they had mytherns working with Adam & Jamie, and eventually got 3 that got popular enough to do their own segments by themselves... kind of felt there was tension there with them as you NEVER saw the 3 "mytherns" (Team B) doing anything with the originals not even promotions for the show.

But while people are saying "tits left" they may have kept some viewers on, but even if they fire Jamie & Adam instead, and kept Torey, Kari & Grant, I doubt the show would have gone on much longer.

There's only so many "myths" to bust.. Doesn't surprise me their time is up. Loved the show but it just hasn't been the same for a long while now.

Yeah they pretty much ran out of real "myths" to test a long time ago. Most of the shows lately have just been testing stuff from movies/TV/videogames. It can still be entertaining sometimes but no one in their right mind ever thought most of the stuff that happens in movies was realistic.

You know, I don't know if they are big car guys but they would be a good pair for a top gear clone. Get a decent third guy and it would work

but no one in their right mind ever thought most of the stuff that happens in movies was realistic.
You seriously overestimate the intelligence of the average person. For example, consider all the nuts who thought that the folks on Gilligans Island were really stranded there, to the point that they would write to the studio, navy or coast guard to go rescue them. A whole lot of people really believe that what they see on TV and in movies is real. Consider all the arguments that people have over the behavior of characters in game of thrones, or any of the harry potter series. Even though it's clearly fiction. Remember, back in the 60's the government actually went to the special effects people doing a James Bond movie to inquire about how to build a miniature SCUBA device that they saw in the movie. Or my friend who is a CPA who actually believed that spiderman's web shooters really exist, just that the webs weren't actually strong enough to hold up an adult human. The stupidity/gullibility of mankind is frightening.

There are a few common stupid myths that they have continually busted. The idea that bullet impact will throw you back. Or that shooting fuel will make it explode. Or that you can survive explosions if you jump fast.

Back