Mystery of the microphone that won't pickup voice

Compddd

[H]ard|Gawd
Sound Setup: EVGA X58 SLI E758 mobo, using integrated Realtek Audio for mic, receiver and speakers hooked up to GTX 580 via HDMI

I was using the integrated mic port on my EVGA mobo with the default Win7 drivers, worked fine.

I updated my drivers to the latest Realtek HD Audio ones, now my mic won't pic up any sound unless I scream into it.

Tested the mic on my girlfriend's laptop, works perfectly normal.

Tried uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers, used driver cleaner as well.

Still won't pick up my voice, even with me back to using the default Win7 drivers.

I'm at a loss here, any ideas?

Double check your owner’s manual. With many software solutions it is necessary to go in and reassign the mic input and if memory serves RealTek is one of those.

Worth a look anyway.

Any idea how I do that?

I looked and don’t have a manual here but I’m pretty sure it had to do with using the front panel jacks taking up the mic input.

I know it’s in the owner’s manual and it’s pretty simple if that’s the problem. If you don’t have the manual you can get the PDF from the manufacture’s site. I know the subject is covered and explained which would be your how to.

Worst case pop over and join the EVGA forum, it’s free and easy and all broken down by product and function. If it’s not easily findable just ask, nice folk over there for the most part.:)

Might want to look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9a7axdSJ7I

Or, wimp out and Google Realtek mic problems

I used Driver Cleaner to get rid of everything left over from my Creative sound card I had and the Realtek audio drivers.

It seems to be working ok now, should I just say screw it and keep the default Win 7 drivers?

Back