• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mysterious Windows 11 decay

wandplus

Gawd
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
595
I used a WD purple 2TB HD to use a webcam as a security camera. Anyway, I was deleting a bunch of videos at a time and recording over and over again on the same drive. But I don't know if this would impact Windows 11. Eventually this machine would start rebooting saying it encountered an error. The error messages varied so I didn't note them.

Anyway, when I pushed on the power button a couple of times while it was rebooting, I entered Windows 11 repair mode. Once I chose the diagnose and fix option (or something like that). And the next time it was the re-install Windows 11 option without losing files. It kept rebooting.
Later, I installed Windows 10 but left the Internet connected. It seemed to want to insist on an email account. After disconnecting the Internet, I could install Windows 10 (without an account) but the monitor flickered all the time. So I re-installed Windows 10 with the Internet disconnected (with no account). (This was done after deleting all the partitions on the drive.)

Now the machine is working normally but I did not install any Windows 10 updates. Does anyone if recording over and over would impact Windows 11? I was only using one drive on the machine, with Windows 11 written on the WD purple HD.
 
if its the os drive and it runs out of room, yes that will cause issues. if you only have a single drive, partition it to os and data, that should help as long as theres 30ish gb free on the os left.
 
if its the os drive and it runs out of room, yes that will cause issues. if you only have a single drive, partition it to os and data, that should help as long as theres 30ish gb free on the os left.
Yep. This is what partitions are for. Like a 80GB OS partition and the rest for video storage.
 
if you paid for it, it should be fine. if youre using a cracked version, youre probably full of malware....
 
Maybe that explains why my previous install was laggy. Does anyone know of a safer way to download Youtube videos?
 
Back
Top