Mysterious clock face

culthuu

n00b
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
28
I just built a new system using an ASUS Impact mini board and an i5 4670k. This isn’t a gaming system so right now I’m running off the integrated graphics. Everything works fine and I can safely say the ASUS Impact board is a true gem. I loaded Windows 7 X64 and all the drivers and updates. This is a basically brand new board so I just used the drivers on the ASUS DVD. Everything works great except for one puzzling thing. I didn’t notice this at first because this isn’t a gaming system but I did install Far Cry 3 to see how the integrated graphics do. To be honest, at medium quality the integrated graphics do damn well. But my problem is that somehow, somewhere I picked up what looks sort of like a clock face that only appears when I run the game. It probably would appear on any other games but Far Cry is the only one I’ve installed.
I don’t know where this came from but I suspect it might be something I picked up from the ASUS driver DVD. I also installed Office 2010 and Roxio 2012 but I’ve installed those before with no trouble. I’ve downloaded and installed the latest Intel graphics driver to no avail and I went into the BIOS and changed the amount of memory allocated to the graphics from ‘auto’ to 1 gig. but I hesitate to reinstall Windows since I activated it and I don’t feel like dealing with the phone in activation. I’m including several photos of the offending clock face. Anybody out there got any suggestions? It only appears when Far Cry 3 comes on and it moves with the mouse as I look around. It’s transparent so you can see things through it and it doesn’t show up anywhere else. By the way I’ve installed Far Cry 3 on my Haswell i7 gaming system and it works fine.

http://sdrv.ms/15PYkxi
 
you can reinstall windows. i think it's still tied to the motherboard, so if you just reinstall to the same computer you dont have to reactivate or anything. as for the issue, can you screenshot it? maybe someone will recognize the clock from somewhere.
 
Thanks to the users that pointed me towards ASUS's Sonic Radar. That is indeed what it was and now it's gone. That's why I always come back if I have a problem; the skill of the people on this forum. Once again, thanks.
 
Back
Top