MyFitnessPal Joins the Ranks of the Hacked

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Under Armour has announced that their MyFitnessPal app accounts have been hacked to the tune of 150M of them. They say it's only user names, email addresses and hashed passwords, but you know how that goes. For all we know they'll come back and say the goons got everything. The breach occurred in February and this is one of the top five data breaches of all time.

“We continue to monitor for suspicious activity and to coordinate with law enforcement authorities,” the company said, adding that it was bolstering systems that detect and prevent unauthorized access to user information.

Social Security numbers, driver license numbers and payment card data were not compromised
Do they use the ss number as a goal or something?
Please enter your ss# and if you make that many steps you win a prize!

Do they use the ss number as a goal or something?
Please enter your ss# and if you make that many steps you win a prize!

WHY???????????????????????? would some fitness app need your SS# and drivers license????

Crap now the haxors know how many cheezeburgers I ate

canhazcheeseburger.jpg

Wow they convinced people that driver's licenses and SS #'s were necessary to enable those features?

They don't. According to another article, they couldn't be obtained in the hack because they don't request them in the first place.

Some writer decided to be a little tricky and throw in the "they didn't get" SS#/Driver's license to make it seem more severe. I have it on good authority they didn't get the nuclear launch codes either.

http://wnep.com/2018/03/30/under-armour-says-150-million-myfitnesspal-accounts-hacked/

I've been using MyFitnessPal for a couple years and they most certainly don't have my driver's license or SS, they've never asked for it and there is nowhere for you to enter it. I can only think some of their employee data was compromised as well.

Back