My Zalman heatsink sucks...

Kurak

Limp Gawd
I've come to the conclusion that I hate this thing...

It's the type that's a flower shape, with the fan attaching via metal piece that goes on above the PCI slots....It really doesn't work well at all...45 idle with Arctic silver 5? Please....

I need a good alternative, and PLEASE, if you make a suggestion, make sure it's the kind that just has the fan directly attached....

Thanks.

slk-947-u is prolly the best heatsink you can get right now. That would probably be your best alternative. I had that zalman also, hated it.

Is there a reason you got that old model verus the CNPS7000 models? Those have the fan mounted on the heatsink.

SLK900a or a SP-97 with a Tornado will give the best temps.

damn, they have sp-97 already? what's the difference between the sp-94 and sp-97? oh, back to the topic.. im using sp-94 and i never go above 45C playing 2 hours or more of call of duty and FFXI, so u might wanna give that a try or the sp-97..

Don't buy a Zalman other than the 7000 if ocing.
As for good alternatives Thermalright and Zalmans top ends are great, Alpha and Swiftech top end units are nice as well. Note, that the Zalman 7000 is limited to it's built in medium speed fan unless you want to go to a good bit of modding trouble.

I have the newest Zalman heatsink....CNP7000-cu or something...anyways its the all copper one in the shape of a flower and the fan on it. I'm running my P4 3.0 ghz at 3.65 ghz and have cpu temps of 29C to 33C. I'm using Nanotherm PCM+ for my compound...I'm more than happy with my temps...and I sure know you can't beat the sound level. Maybe you put too much compound on or didn't tighten it down good enough to the cpu. If your gonna get a new one though I'd def say go with the newest zalman hs. I had the thermalright one and a tornado fan with it and got the same results..sometimes actually higher. Plus the noise was just unbearable. That's just what I think though...

Back