My Xmas present to the Boss (pics)

typhoon43

2[H]4U
I'm getting anal at my old age, and I couldn't stand the way our racks were mismatched as far as the servers went. We had 3- 42U's about 1/2 full each, with tape drives on top of servers. It was gross. well myself and the other admin decided to surprise him. In the process, we freed a 42U APC rack, which maybe we'll get to take home for our efforts :D
In any case, here's the before. Notice Dells 2U Poweredges and Compaq 4U Proliants mingling together. This leads to instability, as they clash for power and bandwidth :p
2650slcd.jpg

And after a day and a half of pulling floortiles and reracking.. we came to this
redoneracks800.jpg

he's lovin' it, and we're loving it. The Dells are snug in their own Dell rack, and the Compaqs all get to chill together like they always wanted to. Mission accomplished.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
a pay raise is in ur future

Just got a promotion and MONSTEROUS raise that starts Jan 1. Now that I think about it, why the hell did I do this then? :D

Cause you love your job - maybe ? - i cant stand unorganized crap - people who toss things together with no thought - got something to be proud of there!

Back