I'm really confused by this!

Can anyone give me any pointers?

My settings for my tests were

RES: 1280x1024
AA: 2 Sample AA
Texture Filtering: Optimal
Max Antrisopy: 4
Vertex Shaders: Optimal

to compare to others scores' turn off AA and AF and turn down the resolution to 1024x768. That is the default setting to bench it at.

Gotta run it for preformance no AA no AF 1024x768 all settings to preformance. Your score will go way up. Those are the settings everyone goes by.

okay, set it to the settings and voila!

thanks guys

i was a bit nervous about it!

Dyslexic said:
Gotta run it for preformance no AA no AF 1024x768 all settings to preformance. Your score will go way up. Those are the settings everyone goes by.
That is incorrect, default is 4xAF and you do not use performance. Why would you benchmark with performance settings? Yeah, I can lower texture quality on my rig and get a better score too :rolleyes:

kcthebrewer said:
Why would you benchmark with performance settings?

So you can benchmark-hunt and try to brag about something that is nearly irrelevant of course!

Everybody runs at poorest detail possible which forces you to do the same to be able to compare.

Are you guys telling me that you turn off the default 4x AF when you benchmark 3dmark03???

Texture Filtering on mine is set to Optimal. Do the rest of you run this setting or do you change it to something else?

I run stock settings in 3dmark, and control panel, except for turning vsync off.

When I am going to see if my new system runs okay I run texture and mip map to lowest quality vsync off I think at least and then default 3DMARK 03 settings.

Otherwise I always bench with the settings I game at when testing different drivers.

Back