my wireless D-Link 784 router is playing up..lights freeze on it

Moiee

Weaksauce
every once in a while (about once a day) my router's lights will just all freeze and I lose internet connection. I power it off and turn it back on and I usually get conenction again only for it to happen again maybe in a day or two...Sometimes when i power it on and off the lights come back on as frozen again and I have to keep switching it on and off until it comes back on properly. I have no idea why this happens. I got it in Sept last year and this problem only started happening in the last month or so. I am using the latest drivers for it (Which are about a year old).
Anyone know why this is happening?
Its a D-Link 784 router. Supposed to be a good one but I'm disappointed with it.

I have a DI-784 with the same problem... your router is overheating.

I cooled it down enough to work reliably by standing the router up on it's left side and turning the antenna so it is up.

Sometimes if the room is warm (80F) I remove the cover too.

yeah youre probably right as it only happens when the reom get warm, but still this shouldnt happen right? as the room doesnt exaclty get really really hot..

It seems to be a common problem with the DI-784 routers (Google: "DI-784" + freeze). Standing it on end helps because heat isn't trapped underneath.

Back