My winchester arrived :d

archevilangel

[H]ard|Gawd
along with my abit av8 :D. Everything is working smoothly and monarch even upgraded my shipping to 2 day from 3 day so that it'd get here by friday :d. I'm only doing 250 x 9, I'm not going to push it further until I replace the stock heatsink which could be a while(Note: girls are expensive and hl2 comes out on tuesday :/)

archevilangel said:
I'd take most girls over an extra 200 or 300 mhz from getting a new heatsink.
hehe, it'll probably be more like an extra 100mhz ;)
girl > overclock
you're a smart man ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
hehe, it'll probably be more like an extra 100mhz ;)
girl > overclock
you're a smart man ;)
but wut if u already got a girl? hehehehehe i got the best of both worlds

archevilangel said:
I'd take most girls over an extra 200 or 300 mhz from getting a new heatsink.

But thats only ONE benefit. If it wasen't for the girl he'd have alot more things too! :p

I feel sorry for the nerd that chooses hardware over a girlfriend.

Tazman2 said:
But thats only ONE benefit. If it wasen't for the girl he'd have alot more things too! :p

He'll also be missing out on alot of things that that hardware will never be able to do no matter how far he overclocks it lol.

burningrave101 said:
I feel sorry for the nerd that chooses hardware over a girlfriend.

He'll also be missing out on alot of things that that hardware will never be able to do no matter how far he overclocks it lol.
yeah I don't think any think any port on the computer would substitute for...

... going to the movies ;), oh yeah and sex :D

Seriously now, I'm running at 2.38 or so ghz stock cooling, it's plenty fine for now.

archevilangel, does the Abit AV8 unlock the higher multipliers on the Winchester?, or are they locked to begin with. i don't like having only the FSB to tinker with while i'm OCing.

I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer for mine, since it seems my first CPU turned up DOA (a 3000+). That's OK, with the price drops, I'm going to move up to a 3200+, and just sell off the other one when the RMA comes back.

Vexorg said:
I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer for mine, since it seems my first CPU turned up DOA (a 3000+). That's OK, with the price drops, I'm going to move up to a 3200+, and just sell off the other one when the RMA comes back.

Don't wait for the RMA, just sell the dead chip

If the girlfriend's worth not buying a new HSF, then you don't need one.

(trying to figure out how to tastfully work the word "blows" into this...)

lolz... you guys are hilarious. i wonder if there are any girls in [H]ardforums?

anywyz, what temp do you have at that OCed speed with the stock hsf?

bluefire7 said:
lolz... you guys are hilarious. i wonder if there are any girls in [H]ardforums?

anywyz, what temp do you have at that OCed speed with the stock hsf?

I'm not quite sure, I had abit's uGuru stuff installed but I got tired of it because it was hogging resources at times(I caught it at 99% cpu usage, causing a game install to take forever before I killed the process). I believe I was idling mid to high 30's, and under load it was mid to high 50's.

Back