My video card fan is going freakin' nuts!

ryansebiz

Limp Gawd
Fresh install of XP Pro on an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. Same BFG 7800GT from my previous system.

The big difference is SpeedFan is reporting the video card fan at 25,962 RPM. I have to agree - it's really, really loud.

I can't find any way to get it slower in SpeedFan. In the BIOS I've tried AI Silence enabled and disabled and I've also tried setting each device to Silent cooling. None of those items work.

It was never going this fast on my old build. How can I slow this beast down?

Try getting something like nTune and see if you can control the GPU fan through that.

The only programs that can affect your GPU's fan speeds are nTune, Rivatuner or ATI Tool.

I highly doubt that the fan's spinning at 25000 rpm :p. They're loud, but that would probably produce over 100db.

Yeah, I guess it's not 25,962 RPM's. The question is, what is?

It's either spinning at 6,490 or 4,327 RPM.

How do you adjust fan speeds in nTune? Is that the best program to use?

Speedfan doesn't report videocard fan temps. A crazy high or low temp is the sign of a sensor that is not connected.

us ntune like this

untitleddx5.jpg

Speedfan doesn't report videocard fan temps. A crazy high or low temp is the sign of a sensor that is not connected.

us ntune like this

Thanks Josh.

Edit: I can't get the fan speed to stick. Everytime I reboot I have to reset the fan speed.

I tried Rivatuner and it works much better. Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem with nTune. Every time I reboot it resets itself. I posted about it but did not find a solution.

Back