• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My video card doing wierd things.

Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
613
When I pI don't know what happened but now when I play games everything is like 2x the speed. The logos in the front fly by and everything moves fast. I am playing prince of persia and thief. So what is the problem? This is a laptop with a mobile x700. BTW, when I disconnected the power and started a game, it was all in slow motion. This is getting wierd.
r
 
It might be a alergic reaction your computer is having to the shit that is Thief.
 
Your CPU clock speed probably. Thief I know is an older game, dunno about Prince of Persia. When the A/C is plugged in, the CPU is at full speed. When the A/C is unplugged, your computer usually goes into a power saver mode, and turns down the clock speed on the CPU by default. This may be it... I have heard there are programs that limit your CPU speed so you can play older games.
 
This just happened recently. Both games played fine. Then one day it suddenly went into hyperdrive. Everything started to go really fast. These may be older games but I don't see why the cpu would affect it. You can play any game wiht a 1ghz processor and 3 ghz processor at the same real-time speed. I'll try reinstalling my drivers.


Edit: Uninstalled and removed my drivers and cpanel with ati uninstaller. Still same issues.
 
Amazingly, this happens to me when I have vertical sync DISABLED, and am using newer hardware. When I play Thief, Thief2, System Shock 2, and Deus Ex on my rig with the 6800, I have to enable vertical sync. It's wierd, but give it a try.
 
Yeah thanks for the tip. I fixed the problem with just reinstalling my drivers again. It didn't work the first time but somehow it worked the second time. Maybe it was the order or number of restarts. Anyway, thanks again for everyone's suggestions.
 
Back
Top