My USRobotics router issue

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
I have this USRobotics 9108 wireless router, which I have been using for maybe three years. Here is a link if you want to know more: http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=9108

It is been good three years, no real problems. However, I can easily tell that the coverage range of this router have been degrading over time. One reason I chose this specific router was because of its coverage distance. Now, if i'm not really close to it, I won't catch the signal! What gives? My brother have the same router, and in his place you can wonder around with your laptop and get a strong signal. His router is newer than mine and I wonder if he will have the same problem in the future.

Now, do routers lose their coverage distance over time?

I'm thinking of replacing my router and getting the Linksys WRT310N Wireless-N Gigabit Router.......what do you think? I want to be able to connect even if i'm in another room. The walls where I live are made of concrete.

Thanks

May I have a comment before I go ahead and buy my new router?

man i would stay away from belkin I had the belkin F5D8233-4 wireless N router and it was terrible would drop connection if i was using WPA an unsecured connection it would drop too

i think D-Link is pretty good my neighbor across the street has a D-Link wireless G router and i get his signal

Which D-link please? Do you know? I can' t tolerate to have my connection dropped.

Setup will be like this: The wireless router will connect to my main machine via cat5 cable. My second machine has a wireless G reciever. Laptops will be used in the neighboring rooms. My second machine will have to always stay online.

I wonder if any wireless N router will do the job. I'll go do some reading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

Thanks

From the reading I did and the sticky that's here, I will go for the D-Link DIR-655 XTreme.

Back