my usb is whack

spacetrader

2[H]4U
my phone.. treo800w winmo and my htpc wont talk to eachother. it doesnt even connect usb, i just get the failed device sound.

its just the pc, as i just went to another machine and the phone hooks up fine there.

tried multiple restarts on both devices, uninstalled/reinstalled mobile device center, multiple usb ports... no luck. its a usb connection problem, but all my other usb devices are fine.

i think the problem sprang up after i upgraded the OS drive from 40gb to 320gb. i usec acronis to clone (why not clonezilla? dumb move) and initially it didnt work until i used the windows cd to repair the boot sector.

i dont remember my phone ever connecting right again after that, but like i said everything else is fine.

cliffs-
-connect phone to pc and pc goes "DUNG DUNG DUNG"
-tried everything and now i want to blow up htpc with explosives.
-please dont suggest blowing up my htpc with explosives.

its fixed. i uninstalled the entire usb root hub in device manager, and when it reinstalled it actually showed the phone, but it was disabled. i enabled it, and it said it was disabled because there was a problem, so it might not work. tried it anyway, it said there is an error and cannot start correctly, but it worked, and i guess thats that. it just synced to winmo device center...

i read elsewhere that the acronis program i used did cause corrupted registry entries, im guessing thats what happened.

Back