My Updated Watercooled Computer

edinator

Limp Gawd
I call it the Edinator 4500.

Current Specs:
A+ Tagan Black Pearl Case (Lian Li Rip off :p)
AMD X2 6000+ overclocked to 3.2 GHZ
4GB G skill Ram (2 sticks of 2 GB)
Gigabyte Odin 800 Watt PSU
Asus M32 MVP Deluxe motherboard
Hitachi 500GB Hard Drive
Hitachi 1TB Hard Drive
WD 500GB Hard Drive external
AMD Sapphire 4870X2 GPU
Asus Xonar D2X
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

My temps are:
CPU: 38 Idle --- 43 Load
GPU: 34 Idle --- 41 Load

Watercooling Specs:
Radiator: Feser 240mm with 2 Noctua P12s sucking air through Radiator
Danger Den waterblock on 4870X2
Swiftech Apogee Gt on X2 6000+
CPU and GPU are cooled in a parallel setup with fresh coolant running to the two blocks (any opinions on this?)
Using 1/2 tubing and 3/8 tubing

Now for the pictures:
2962615670_37b1bd0ea8.jpg

2962615664_056d6819d3.jpg

2970140215_7a442cf7fb_o.jpg

Sorry for the large picture but it's hard to see the temps when they are smaller. The snapshot was taken after playing bioshock (awesome game by the way). They are a bit higher than usual. My peak load for the PSU is around 400 Watts.

Looks pretty badass! Nice job.

How long it take you to organize your cables?

Not very long really, a bit of ziptieing in the back. There's still a bit near the top I have to organize but i need longer SATA cables. This is definitely the largest case I've worked in so it wasn't that hard.

Hmmm this is weird. My Asus AI suite temperature readings are 10 degrees off from speed fan. I think speedfan is more reliable but does anyone know if something is wrong here? The ambient temperature right now is 20. If the speed fan temps are right then i'm not complaining haha.

Temp 3 is hot for some reason and I've heard of other people having the same problem. Does anyone here know what the monitor is for?

2978252941_fb47ac1f9c_o.jpg

2978257715_9d15eb6d74_o.jpg

temp 3 is probably your northbridge since it doesnt look like you have any fans running on that case..

and to the other question about speed fan.. speed fan only reads your last core on your cpu.. checked it on 4 different systems before i came to that conclusion.. use realtemp if your cpu's supported or coretemp.. they will give you reads across all cores..

Thanks, I actually have 4 fans in my case which is ok. I was thinking it might be part of the GPU, the VRM maybe. But you are probably right, I have a few spare fans and i'll see if it changes once i add some more direct airflow onto the northbridge. I'll check out core temp and realtemp too.

nah gpu/vrm usually show up at the bottom as under the label core..

sorry had to do a thumb nail couldnt get any other image links to work..

34d22b16806244

34d22b16806244

How do you have so many temperatures monitored? I have another temperature probe in my computer but speedfan doesn't pick it up.

Anyways here's another screenshot with all the temps, sorry, but another large picture.
2978323295_3773141512_o.jpg

wow wth is with that core 0.. its over 10C higher then the other core...

turn on SMART monitor or what ever its called in your bios..

oh ok thanks. Ya I found ti strange too. Maybe i should reapply that thermal paste with some MX-2.

btw another thing id do just to see what that high temp is.. is checking the health monitor in your bios.. see if you see anything similar to that number.. if you dont.. then it could just be a stuck sensor.. or a sensor that the programs incorrectly reading..

The bios says the same thing. All the temperature readers say the same thing for that core. I think it's the thermal paste. I used arctic silver and that stuff takes awhile to set in,

what about that high temp on temp sensor 3 is that showing up in there as well?

I don't think temp 3 is listed in bios. I only see one other temp which is the motherboard temp in the bios.

hmm.. weird.. could just be a screwed up sensor then.. because from that last pick.. 65C is way to dang hot for a northbridge.. or anything else..

That's what I thought. I googled "speed fan temp 3" and it come up with a bunch of people asking teh same thing.

That temp 3 is annoying though. It doesn't stay constant which worries me. It's at 52 Celsius now...

I don't think it's the NB though... I put the asus fan that came with my motherboard on the heatsink on the motherboard and the temps were still fluctuating in the 50s.

cant be the cpu.. because its way to far off from the actual cpu temps.. mine were only off by 10C from the actual core temp.. i know on my biostar tforce 780g temp 1 is my northbridge chipset.. which runs at 50C full load 45C idle.. and thats with my gfx card(8800GT massively overclocked) and cpu both at full load..

so i have no clue what that temp 1 sensors suppose to be on that board..

Strange. Well it boots up and the temp is in the 50s. I don't think it's anything to worry about since it doesn't seem to get higher on load and my system is stable.

65c on an idle northbridge doesnt sound high to you? if his cpu was at full load then sure i could see the possibility.. but its idle..

Sounds high to me, maybe AMD is different... considering my passive x48 loads at 56.

Mine is passive as well and it is normally in the 50s. I guess it is the north bridge.

Another strange temp reading:
2983005366_b523e9821c_o.jpg

Maybe i'm looking into this too much but my one core is twice the temperature of the other one! My room is about 15 degrees right now so the one temp isn't too unreasonable and right now it's around 18. But that one random temp 3 in speed fan is in the 60s now....

I think i have two sensors gone wacko. Can screwed up sensors still fluctuate in temperature? I've heard temp sensors gone bad but they normally just stay a certain temperature.

Back