My Unreal2004 UT BENCHMARKS on a FX51

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Heres first set of scores at 1600X1200 and 2XAA and 2X ANTI on a FX51 at 2402MHZ and a 9800XT with Overdrive enabled
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-02-10_03.01]
Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2402 MHz with 1022MB RAM
RADEON 9800 XT (6404)

dm-rankin?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

34.800728 / 78.665169 / 190.708939 fps rand[5098]
Score = 78.793533
ns-torlan?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

17.429394 / 49.190811 / 119.740257 fps rand[3073]
Score = 49.261696
ctf-bridgeoffate?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

41.151188 / 88.099182 / 305.363556 fps rand[16405]
Score = 88.208000
ons-torlan?spectatoronly=true?numbots=14?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=80 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

11.654798 / 50.347652 / 107.983826 fps rand[30027]
Score = 50.418697
as-convoy?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

21.085340 / 49.937099 / 112.913239 fps rand[12750]
Score = 49.991310
br-colossus?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true?attractcam=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt

34.161861 / 102.063400 / 212.131470 fps rand[26684]
Score = 102.180557

I got a question i just gotta ask. According to your sig it says you have your RAM timings set at 3-2-2-2. WTH would you set your tRAS at 3? Dont you know if you set the tRAS too low it hurts performance and can cause data corruption and errors? Its recommended that you set it at CAS + RAS->CAS + 2 which in your case would be 6. Most people run with it at 5 without problem. But 3 is way too low.

system running nonstop fpr 3 days, and i just played sof2 for 4 hours not one problem, BF1942 for 6 hours at a time never a problem, so as far as im concerned its all good.

That wont test the memory for errors. What your doing is just slight overall system stability. Errors from the RAM wont be detectable. Prime95 (system stability - 24 hours) and Memtest86 (RAM - 24 hours) are both a must for any new built system or upgrade.

Burning Grave if the system has ran for over 2 weeks, never had 1 error, why run the tests?

because benchmarks and stability tests are all computers are used for!!! dontcha know?

Dude all i do is Overclock, and upgrade monthly, but why run a MEMTEST for 24 hours? As long as my system is stable, can play all the games i play wothout a problem whats the need, But just for you guys im gonna start running it right now for 24 hours ill let it go.

Originally posted by Marcdaddy
Dude all i do is Overclock, and upgrade monthly, but why run a MEMTEST for 24 hours? As long as my system is stable, can play all the games i play wothout a problem whats the need, But just for you guys im gonna start running it right now for 24 hours ill let it go.

Well what you do is sadly what the majority of people that go and put togethor their own system do. Im a computer networking and engineering major and i build computers for other people all the time, especially servers and if thats the only thing i did to test stability i would be getting alot of phone calls. Memtest86 is for just the memory. It tests for errors and playing games wont give you an accurate account for that. Just one error is one too many and especially if your overclocking the RAM it is more likely to cause errors. Errors can cause alot of problems depending on what your doing when the error occurs. For more information on memory errors look here:

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/err.htm

Prime95 and Memtest86 are a must for at least 24 hours if you want to actually say your system is stable and error free.

Pullleeeeze :rolleyes:

Building a server is so much different than a desktop. If his computer does all he wants without it crapping out on him, any small amount of "errors" is negligible and in his case unnoticeable.

Originally posted by Jake
Pullleeeeze :rolleyes:

Building a server is so much different than a desktop. If his computer does all he wants without it crapping out on him, any small amount of "errors" is negligible and in his case unnoticeable.

No its not. Anyone that builds computers for other people or even themselves and know anything about it does this. Its a requirement for desktops in the business area. If you want a pc thats even less stable and tested then some POS HP machine then go ahead. Even a small amount of errors, if they occur during things like defragmenting the drive or installing something can cause serious issues. They aren't something to joke about and just brush off and say they dont matter. Some do system stability tests for almost a week straight before taking the desktop to the owner. Its tireing yes but a very important step in building your own system or one for someone else. Anyone that tells you its not doesn't know what their talking about.

Originally posted by burningrave101
Well what you do is sadly what the majority of people that go and put togethor their own system do. Im a computer networking and engineering major and i build computers for other people all the time, especially servers and if thats the only thing i did to test stability i would be getting alot of phone calls. Memtest86 is for just the memory. It tests for errors and playing games wont give you an accurate account for that. Just one error is one too many and especially if your overclocking the RAM it is more likely to cause errors. Errors can cause alot of problems depending on what your doing when the error occurs. For more information on memory errors look here:

http://www.pcguide.com/ref/ram/err.htm

Prime95 and Memtest86 are a must for at least 24 hours if you want to actually say your system is stable and error free.
Alright I listen to you enough. I'd love to know why you think prime95/memtest86 are so required? He's not building a server that's mission critical here. It's his home computer. I've never run memtest86 unless I believe i have a problem with my ram and I've only ran prime once when i had my comp clocked to 200fsb. But if i toss a computer together it's my assumption that these new components i just purchased work as expected and if it's not a mission critical system then i could care less if in a month I have to do some tests because it's not acting right.
Edit: I should say if the new components get through a windows install/software install then I can pretty well assume they are fine. And this is coming for 5 years of working with this stuff in the real world.

Originally posted by Stinn
Alright I listen to you enough. I'd love to know why you think prime95/memtest86 are so required? He's not building a server that's mission critical here. It's his home computer. I've never run memtest86 unless I believe i have a problem with my ram and I've only ran prime once which i had my comp clocked to 200fsb. But if i toss a computer together it's my assumption that these new components i just purchased work as expected and if it's not a mission critical system then i could care less if in a month I have to do some tests because it's not acting right.

Maybe you should talk to someone that builds systems for a living and is qualified in that area to speak. There was a thread here on hard not too long ago about what people did to burn in their new pc's and nearly everyone used prime95 and memtest86 for 6 or more hours. I only buy quality RAM from Mushkin, Corsair, and Kingston but i have still gotten bad DIMM's that caused errors. If stuff like this wasn't a big deal there wouldn't be so many home computers with issues all the time. If your pc works fine and you dont want to test it thats your choice. I'm just making mention of the common tasks that are used by the people that build systems and do it right.

Maybe you should talk to someone that builds systems for a living and is qualified in that area to speak. There was a thread here on hard not too long ago about what people did to burn in their new pc's and nearly everyone used prime95 and memtest86 for 6 or more hours. I only buy quality RAM from Mushkin, Corsair, and Kingston but i have still gotten bad DIMM's that caused errors. If stuff like this wasn't a big deal there wouldn't be so many home computers with issues all the time. If your pc works fine and you dont want to test it thats your choice. I'm just making mention of the common tasks that are used by the people that build systems and do it right.

christ get off your high horse. let the guy enjoy his sweet as fx-51 rig ok? fuck.

Thanks for the advice but I did build systems for a living for 2 years and now I administrate over 1000 systems. It's all well and good if you're a home user who's overclocking your system and has the time to spare but you were speaking of it as if it was some sort of requirement by law.

Thanks for the advice but I did build systems for a living for 2 years and now I administrate over 1000 systems. It's all well and good if you're a home user who's overclocking your system and has the time to spare but you were speaking of it as if it was some sort of requirement by law.

If you built systems for a living then you of all people should know that using ESD protection and thoroughly testing the RAM and overall stability of the PC is a must especially since the computer is for someone thats paying you money to build it.

The #1 causes for PC failure comes from ESD and the Power Supply. One of the top causes for system issues is the RAM. These are all well known statistics in the computer field.

A person that builds lots of computers sort of has an excuse because they have to do this to each and every system. A home user is building just one computer for themself. A few hours of testing is quick and simple.

Even the system building guides for noobs say to use tools like Prime95 for stability and also test the RAM with a RAM tester and Memtest86 is the best.

christ get off your high horse. let the guy enjoy his sweet as fx-51 rig ok? fuck.

Noones on a high horse. I'm just saying these things are important to always do. The guy had his RAM timings set at 2-2-2-3. Who knows how many errors that was causing and he would of known that if he had run Memtest86 even though 5 is as low as your suppost to ever set the tRAS.

Too many people slap computers togethor without doing it right and then a few months from now they start threads saying their pc is crashing or they are getting BSOD or even experiencing data corruption. A few easy steps when building your own pc will remedy most of these issues before they start. I sure wouldn't want to keep a stick of RAM that was causing errors and then not find out about it till 6 months later.

i run memtest overnight the day i build the system...usually only 6-8 hours...i only run p95 if i think the system is actin quirky...i think at least one run-through of memtest is good, cuz if its not perfect send it back to newegg or wherever and get perfect ram...with the money u pay u may as well get flawless stuff

lmao this guy is hilarity ++

Make sure to run those benchmarks now, so he can sleep ok at night!!

Originally posted by Wharf_Rat
lmao this guy is hilarity ++

Make sure to run those benchmarks now, so he can sleep ok at night!!

Im glad you think its funny cause its the people that dont know anything about it that do.

And Prime95 and Memtest86 are not benchmarks. Benchmarks are programs run to output scores so people can brag about what their computer scored or for the use of comparing hardware performance.

Utilities like Prime95 and Memtest86 are system tools just like using an Antivirus or running a defragmenter or registry cleaner. They are used to test your system and diagnose any problems it may be having. Your CPU may game just fine but wont hold up in a torture test in Prime95 and that usually means somethings wrong with one of the components. Its better to find out this now then later on when possibly the warranty is ran out or you have a system crash and lose your data.

Games wont push your system to the limit and they definitely wont test your system memory. If you wanna be too lazy to test your system and dont want to learn how to do it right thats your choice. I'm just trying to point out how important doing these things can be.

I have built 300 systems in the last 10years. I have never had to run those benchmarks. The only reason my customers call back is when their dumbass has fucked something up.

Originally posted by creedAMD
I have built 300 systems in the last 10years. I have never had to run those benchmarks. The only reason my customers call back is when their dumbass has fucked something up.

How can you build 300 systems and not use some sort of utilies to check for system stability and errors from the RAM? You can't just assume the system will run fine cause its new or that new RAM wont have errors when i've returned multiple DIMMs in the past that showed signs of errors. I didn't say Prime95 and Memtest86 were the only ones to use, but they are about the best for what their used for. And once again their not benchmarks their system diagnostic tools. Most computer technicians have their own cd they make with their favorite tools to use. These two are usually among the top used.

Ya know I never understood this mentality people take like BurningGrave. Let's compare a home built PC to a car, shall we?

Chevrolet, when they build a car, has to test, and retest, and re-engineer them until the biggest idiots on the planet can drive them to work and back, forget to change the oil, put shitty gas in it, and never change the air filter, yet still not have a problem. That is their job, and unless they want to have a shit ton of expensive warranty work, they HAVE to do it.

Now, have you, burninggrave, ever built a race car of any sort? An overclocked computer is very similar to a race car, let's just stick with the occasional weekend drag racer to keep this simple. Most guys go about it in such a way that they buy good parts (just like in a PC), they use competent labor (if they can't do it themselves), they make a few passes, and then they start to turn up the boost until things start knockin, dial it back, and then run the piss out of it. Did we let the car run at 7500 RPM for 12 hours straight? Hell no. It was a project car, its one and only purpose was something fun to work on that went fast in a limited time frame. We didn't need the thing to run 11's for 200,000 miles, we wanted it to last the summer, then rebuild the bastards, simple as that.

That's the same tact I take with my home PC. You may not agree with it being as you're a big bad "professional system builder" but that doesn't give you any right to preach to people building their own systems in their own homes. My system exists to be fast for the things I DO WITH IT. Not for what some scientist might, or what a pro CAD worker might use it for. And secondly, none of us here are PC newbies who don't know how to recognize a problem and make it right. Besides, let's say you encounter a problem defragging due to an exaggerated overclock... ooooohhh no, I have to take another 15 minutes out of my day and load winXP again, damn.

I'm not tryin to be hard on you, but you need to get off your soapbox and realize that your way is not THE only way. I never stress tested my Talon to all hell and back, yet it turned awesome times every time I wanted it to and it started for me every time. That's the difference between me and Chevy - call it a matter of convenience, if you will. Ah well, I better get back to DOS and start looping MemTest so I can sleep better tonight. Where the hell is the giant rolleyes smiley when you need it. EV.

If you built systems for a living then you of all people should know that using ESD protection and thoroughly testing the RAM and overall stability of the PC is a must especially since the computer is for someone thats paying you money to build it.

The #1 causes for PC failure comes from ESD and the Power Supply. One of the top causes for system issues is the RAM. These are all well known statistics in the computer field.
Well that maybe what some book says but in over 5 years of doing this stuff I've maybe seen 3 or 4 deaths due to ESD...and this is NOT using ESD straps or mats. The only time i use the straps is when i'm working on $5000+ servers.
The only time i remember seeing an ESD death is when a guy vaccumed out his computer and shocked his motherboard.

ps. All that said, I do in fact use Prime95 and memtest every once in a while to make sure everything is in check, but i certainly don't think they're the only things that make a PC "stable." EV.

What is funny that you are indeed on your high horse. This was a post in the game forum, where the original poster was showing off his setup. This is not an, "will this be stable," post.

You come in here running your mouth about how crucial running memtest and prime95 are to servers and machines sold to others. He doesnt give a fuck, the machine is playing the games he requires, just fine as he notes.

I have used prime95 and memtest in the past on machines and that is not the issue here. The issue here is, that he didnt feel like it was critical to run the above tests, since his machine is doing what he wants.

Go take your medicine...

I'm not tryin to be hard on you, but you need to get off your soapbox and realize that your way is not THE only way. I never stress tested my Talon to all hell and back, yet it turned awesome times every time I wanted it to and it started for me every time. That's the difference between me and Chevy - call it a matter of convenience, if you will. Ah well, I better get back to DOS and start looping MemTest so I can sleep better tonight. Where the hell is the giant rolleyes smiley when you need it. EV.

It is not only this...

He talks as if everyone else is clueless and he has something to teach everyone.

Well that maybe what some book says but in over 5 years of doing this stuff I've maybe seen 3 or 4 deaths due to ESD...and this is NOT using ESD straps or mats. The only time i use the straps is when i'm working on $5000+ servers.
The only time i remember seeing an ESD death is when a guy vaccumed out his computer and shocked his motherboard.

I think you should get in touch with Ice Czar about this. He's one of the major moderators on this board. He knows alot about ESD and has done several write ups on it. You will almost never notice ESD damage right away. Its something that aflicts slight to near non existant damage to hardware that goes unnoticeable. It can do anything from cut the life expectency of the hardware from 5 years to 3 years or the thing can just quit working in a few weeks depending on how greatly it was affected. Certain parts of the hardware might not work according to spec. There is alot of variables that can take place. Its well documented that ESD damage is among the top causes for unknown hardware failure.

Its required that ALL system builders for Dell, HP, Gateway, and so on wear ESD wrist straps, stand on anti-static mats, and they even have to wear special shoes that keeps them grounded.

That's the same tact I take with my home PC. You may not agree with it being as you're a big bad "professional system builder" but that doesn't give you any right to preach to people building their own systems in their own homes. My system exists to be fast for the things I DO WITH IT. Not for what some scientist might, or what a pro CAD worker might use it for. And secondly, none of us here are PC newbies who don't know how to recognize a problem and make it right. Besides, let's say you encounter a problem defragging due to an exaggerated overclock... ooooohhh no, I have to take another 15 minutes out of my day and load winXP again, damn.

If that was true there wouldn't be countless posts of hardware issues made on this board every day. If people learned how to diagnose their own problems and that they should test their system first before ever trying to overclock it could save them alot of time doing it the long way. Theres nothing scientific about it. Your system is ither completely stable, not stable, or half assed stable. Your memory ither works perfect, has a few errors, or causes tons of errors and yet you knew nothing about them cause the only tests you ran were BF1942. If you guys dont know all the different problems that can come from errors from the system memory then i urge you to stop and do a little research.

I never said systems can't run just fine without stress testing them and checking the memory for errors. Its just proven facts. If the places you have worked for or have built systems for dont require you to check these things its cause they dont care if the system runs perfectly or not. Theres no reason not to do it and if 1 out of 10 system failures could of been prevented by first testing the PC before you sold it or used it yourself then its well worth a WHOLE one day out of 365 days a year of testing. You just start the utilities and let them run. Even just over night.

He talks as if everyone else is clueless and he has something to teach everyone.

I obviously do have something to teach if noone realizes the importance of testing the computer thoroughly especially if your selling it. This is all common knowledge stuff over in the General Hardware forum.

I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything, im just trying to explain there is a right and proper way to do it to so you dont have as many problems down the road.

You can get by without running Prime95 and just useing gaming for overall stability but Memtest86 is a complete must with all the RAM related issues there are now adays.

How can you build 300 systems and not use some sort of utilies to check for system stability and errors from the RAM? You can't just assume the system will run fine cause its new or that new RAM wont have errors when i've returned multiple DIMMs in the past that showed signs of errors. I didn't say Prime95 and Memtest86 were the only ones to use, but they are about the best for what their used for. And once again their not benchmarks their system diagnostic tools. Most computer technicians have their own cd they make with their favorite tools to use. These two are usually among the top used.

I did assume, and I have been right. Get proven memory/mobo combination and it's win win. I don't have 24hours to test each of my machines that I build. I build them/ship them out. If I have a problem with one, I troubleshoot by switching hardware. But 9/10 times it's the user.

I think it's overkill to run that shit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Originally posted by creedAMD
I did assume, and I have been right. Get proven memory/mobo combination and it's win win. I don't have 24hours to test each of my machines that I build. I build them/ship them out. If I have a problem with one, I troubleshoot by switching hardware. But 9/10 times it's the user.

I think it's overkill to run that shit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I find this very hard to believe that 9 times out of 10 its their fault. I work in a computer repair store while im in college and i also build systems for several people and yes people are dumb and do dumb things but i've also seen some of the shitty ass work that people have put togethor and sold to make a dollar. And sending it off without testing it thorougly is just poor marketing in my book. One of my friends just bought one from a computer store off from here for like $2000 and its not worth $500. And the reason most of these losers get by with stuff like this is they sell to people that dont know anything and web browseing with mild gaming is the extent of how hard that computer ever gets pushed. If it was ever ran through Prime95 torture tests it probably would of caught on fire and exploded.

It doesn't matter how proven the combination is, whats proven is that you can get bad memory and alot of the time. Even if you buy the most expensive parts in the world sometimes you get a bad one. Its much easier to run memtest86 and see if your RAM has problems when you build it then all of a sudden start having problems and have to worry about it then.

Just 1 error out of 8 hours of running memtest can cause your pc to run flakey.

Very many errors and you can kiss your registry goodbye in certain cases.

If someone is too lazy to do it or doesn't know how thats fine and understandable. But if you think its just not needed your very misinformed. I just had to RMA two new sticks of Corsair and 1 of Mushkin a little while back cause of errors and they were both very expensive RAM. OCZ is well known for its error causing abilities.

Just because the pc doesn't stop dead in its tracks doesn't mean it doesn't have problems that could of been corrected.

If anyone has any doubts about this then please i urge you go to the general hardware section and see for yourself the plathora of hardware issues posted every day and how a majority of them relate to the RAM and PSU. There are the few that have been lucky enough not to have problems and then there are the majority that have problems and problems that alot of the time could of been easily corrected by being more careful with the system build or spending more time checking everything over and running stability tests.

Originally posted by Wharf_Rat
It is not only this...

bingo. burningrave, I'm sure a lot of people here know more about building and testing a stable system here than you do. thanks for the advice, but personally, I don't want to hear it from an ass like you.

Originally posted by pakotlar
bingo. burningrave, I'm sure a lot of people here know more about building and testing a stable system here than you do. thanks for the advice, but personally, I don't want to hear it from an ass like you.

AMEN

I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT TEH COMPUTAR RAMS!!!!11!!!

Originally posted by pakotlar

Thats a good assumption but in this case your wrong. Just because they dont run system diagnostic tests when they build the system doesn't mean they know anything and that their way is fine. You guys obviously dont know crap about RAM and what happens with errors and that how if you bought several sticks of RAM theres always a good chance one or two of them can be bad. Errors hurt the systems performance and can cause alot of damage if they occur in the registry.

I dont know why you guys keep argueing about this cause you already proven you dont know what your talking about. Just because you dont do it and your system works doesn't mean couldn't have a shitty stick of RAM installed or that under heavy tests your system will lock up.

The fact several of you know nothing about ESD damage and its longetivity effects is another sign you dont know what your talking about.

You could build 5 billion systems for 50 years and still not know any more then somebody thats built 2 or 3 the right way.

Any moron can take part A and stick it in part B and turn the system on and it work. It takes zero skill.

It takes zero skill to hit the delete key and go in the BIOS and raise the FSB for a mad overclock.

Its the ability to know the ins and outs of how those parts work and know how to put togethor a very stable system that makes a good pc builder.

There are other good programs out there for stability tests but most of the RAM testers you have to pay for. Even when mags like MaximumPC review RAM they always run a RAM tester on them and report the top speed ERROR FREE because that speed is actually the only one that counts.

If you dont want to do it thats fine, but it sure the hell isn't the right way to teach others that dont know. Take it any way you want but im afraid im more then right on this one.

Here are just a handful of links i grabbed off google in a very quick search.

Another worthwhile torture test used to verify the quality of the RAM is MemTest86. MemTest86 installs to a floppy disk. It's run by re-starting the computer with the MemTest86 floppy in the floppy drive and letting the computer boot from the floppy drive. This is excellent because Windows based memory test utilities frequently give false negatives (incorrectly concluding the RAM is bad) due to conflicts with the already installed operating system and software. There is a lot of good information that comes in the ReadMe file in the MemTest86 download package (it downloads as a single zip file which unzips into multiple files) explaining exactly what tests it performs and what failure results mean. Let MemTest86 run overnight, say at least 10 hours. If MemTest86 reports any errors then it's very likely the RAM is bad and should be replaced.

If the computer you've built passes all the tests I've mentioned on this and previous pages then you can say with a measure of confidence - "It works!".

http://www.mysuperpc.com/computer_assembly/pc_torture_test.shtml

Even small problems with a system’s memory can cause a machine to act strangely. However, memory is one of the harder components to accurately test, partly because the system reserves various portions of the memory for internal functions while other portions are consumed by the operating system. But there is a tool you can use to overcome many memory-testing obstacles—it's one of the best that I have found for such testing—called Memtest86.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6255-5034535.html

It is critical to run benchmarking and torture testing software on your new machine to ensure that it is running as fast and as stable as it should. There are several very useful freeware or shareware utilities out there, of which I recommend:

http://www.sudhian.com/showfaqs.cfm?fid=21&fcid=20

MemTest86 has been around for many years, and it is the standard in Memory Testing for many computer enthusiasts. The program boots from CD-ROM or floppy using its own DOS-like operating system, and tests memory at its most basic level. To many enthusiasts, this program is the ultimate test to determine the stability of memory. If you wonder why we would use such an ancient benchmark, it is because we have not found anything that is really better to test memory performance and stability. Apparently, we are not alone, since MemTest86 is still widely used in the Memory industry to test the stability of memory modules.

http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.html?i=1839&p=2

More system diagnostic tools:

http://lists.gpick.com/pages/System_Testing.htm

A bad stick of RAM can wreak havoc with your system, causing one or all of the following problems.

* Program crashes
* Random restarts
* Corrupt files
* Freezing
* The dreaded Blue Screen of Death
* General and uncategorizable weirdness

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3590741,00.html

We use this application at our office now for testing all new PCs we send out. Memtest86 has caught several machines with bad RAM before we sent them out (within seconds of starting) and allowed us to get the RAM exchanged without hassle. Other, older machines we were having intermittant problems with were tested and found to have bad RAM too. Replacing their RAM fixed most of their poblems.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/memtest86/

I obviously do have something to teach if noone realizes the importance of testing the computer thoroughly especially if your selling it.

You need to be taught proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, but this isn't the place for that either. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cardboard Hammer
You need to be taught proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation, but this isn't the place for that either. :rolleyes:

Oh my bad, yea proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation is really important on a hardware forum. I should probably change my major to English so i can learn even more about computer hardware :rolleyes:.

I think the point of this thread has been lost. No one is going to admit defeat so just move on. Just let everyone do things their way.

Back