My Uber silent PC *56k warning*

Not bad, but you and I have differing ideas as to what is "Uber". I was expecting voltmodded nexus/yateloon/sflex/noctua fans and maybe a Tuniq/Thermalright/Scythe cpu heatsink and port air flow ducts

Not bad, but you and I have differing ideas as to what is "Uber". I was expecting voltmodded nexus/yateloon/sflex/noctua fans and maybe a Tuniq/Thermalright/Scythe cpu heatsink and port air flow ducts

Im still waiting for my Heatsink and an 2900 XT card ;) BTW, My set up right now is very silent. The fan on my 7800 GT is 16 dba and the whole case has sound proffing in it;)

I like the step by step pics, it is really well done finished to its like you have no wires at all.

Wow that case looks empty! I have the same case, love it, but mine is way packed! Check the sig for everything in it. Why 1200w for so little stuff?

lookin good! I really like those SATA ports on that mobo. make sure you post more pics when it's done

Wow that case looks empty! I have the same case, love it, but mine is way packed! Check the sig for everything in it. Why 1200w for so little stuff?

he got little in it as most of his stuff is still in route to his house..

good job~
Over many other tower cases, I specifically fond of Antec P150 White Case, another color scheme of yours. Just I need case itself not the PSU though...
Motherboard is also nice choice I believe for slight OC...

good job~
Over many other tower cases, I specifically fond of Antec P150 White Case, another color scheme of yours. Just I need case itself not the PSU though...
Motherboard is also nice choice I believe for slight OC...

Yeah, i love this case :D Its my favorite case ever.

I love what you did to it, especially around the hard drives.

How is the Antec in terms of installing everything?

I agree Seasonic is the way to go for a silent PC. As for this PC i would say it's silent but not uber silent. If you want to see some uber silent pcs check out www.silentpcreview.com

Regardless of how silent this pc really is, congrats on the new rig! :D

^^^
love that site. its the inspiration for my near silent build. a quiet computer does wonders for a workstation environment.

all fans in my rig is 5v. completely inaudible from where i sit. only thing i can hear is the hard drive whine and seeks. quiet them down a bit with AAM enabled. But to be honest, the whine never bothered me like it has for most of SPCR ppl. with there fancy enclosures and labtops drives.

^^^
love that site. its the inspiration for my near silent build. a quiet computer does wonders for a workstation environment.

all fans in my rig is 5v. completely inaudible from where i sit. only thing i can hear is the hard drive whine and seeks. quiet them down a bit with AAM enabled. But to be honest, the whine never bothered me like it has for most of SPCR ppl. with there fancy enclosures and labtops drives.

Quiet is good, especially coming from a Vantec Tornado :eek:

Oh yeah those people at SPCR go crazy with their builds. It makes you realize how expensive quiet can be. The build in your sig looks pretty solid. I'm surprised you can fit a dual processor board in there and still have room for dual scythe ninjas :eek: :cool:

Geez, just when I was about settled on getting a P180B.. Now I'm gonna look at the Solo again for another 2 days.. I actually really want the Solo over the P180B, but I like how the P180B separates the PSU and HD's from the rest of the system.. I don't want the door though. ARGH!!

That's a really nice clean setup too..

Oh yeah those people at SPCR go crazy with their builds. It makes you realize how expensive quiet can be. The build in your sig looks pretty solid. I'm surprised you can fit a dual processor board in there and still have room for dual scythe ninjas :eek: :cool:

its very cramped. gets very toasty too. the processors are undervolted.

here is a pic:
DSC00561.jpg

My "uber" silent PC, is just a stock P180 case, that sits outside the room, about 12 feet away, behind a closed door.. ;)

its very cramped. gets very toasty too. the processors are undervolted.

here is a pic:
DSC00561.jpg

That's pretty spiffy. I like how everything fits perfectly (and the fact that it's a dual processor board with dual scythe ninjas in a solo :eek:) I was debating whether or not to ask for pictures but I didn't want to threadcrap the OP's thread (Sorry OP! :eek: )

PS: I took a look around your photobucket account for other pictures and stumbled across a picture of a girl. Good stuff ;) :p :D

My "uber" silent PC, is just a stock P180 case, that sits outside the room, about 12 feet away, behind a closed door.. ;)

That works too :D

So wait.. is is supposed to be the uber silent PC...

With a 2900xt in it?!

Back