my threat/attack list beware!

HAF72

1337 :)
Ok good news :) Anyways i convinced my parents to let me run the pc 16 hours a day to run folding at home :)*i told them ill pay $5 a month for electricity bill haha* so before i go to school i turn on pc and turn off before bed 11-12pm.. way better then only be turn it on after around 5pm :)*but then i can only play till after 5pm :/* but that's all right since i am addicted to F@H and enjoy seeing when i hit a milestone or mowing people over.. muahahahhaha :cool: oh yea and as a result of doing this today i went up 30 ranks woot!!! :D
oh yea and for each 100 work units i print out a certificate :) so i so far have an certificate for 100 and 200 wu complete :D yes i am .. retarded haha.

lol do the explain about how much a tv and monitor uses electricity and explain how much a computer uses.. it always works.. since odds are you probably have either a CRT tv or LCD tv that uses anywhere between 80-200w depending on the size.. then explain to them how much a computer uses... it will work.. even if you have to print out papers to prove it.. just make sure its idle power usage numbers when you do..

Just do what I did. Go to college. Make sure it's a northern one though. When your machine is putting out so much heat that your girlfriend thinks it's a space heater it's much easier to explain to the roommates that it is indeed a space heater.

Just do what I did. Go to college. Make sure it's a northern one though. When your machine is putting out so much heat that your girlfriend thinks it's a space heater it's much easier to explain to the roommates that it is indeed a space heater.

lol im still at 3rd year of hs so :| but no biggie as i said 16hours is way more then what i used to can do :).. and to the first poster, good idea, i am going to buy a kill a watt and test it out :D my dad uses a 19" CRT monitor :eek: so wouldn't that be a good 100watts?? i my self use a 23" flat panel lcd monitor :D and still have a big tube tv*not lcd* Haha..

lol both those monitors plus that tv probably use more power per hour then your entire computer at 100% TDP.. i know my 24" 245bw uses just a tad over 100w and my 19" uses just a tad over 70w..

just dont turn on so many lights and keep your monitors off when your not on your computer.. and you shouldnt see that much of a difference in your electrical bill with the computer on 24 hours a day..

and dont leave your ps3 on either.. heck that thing uses the same amount of power as a small fridge.. :p

I turn off everything but the PC when I go to bed. I want to see our next power bill. We haven't hardly ran the A/C this month.

lol both those monitors plus that tv probably use more power per hour then your entire computer at 100% TDP.. i know my 24" 245bw uses just a tad over 100w and my 19" uses just a tad over 70w..

just dont turn on so many lights and keep your monitors off when your not on your computer.. and you shouldnt see that much of a difference in your electrical bill with the computer on 24 hours a day..

and dont leave your ps3 on either.. heck that thing uses the same amount of power as a small fridge.. :p

ah ok, ill be getting a kill a watt :) yea i don't fold with the ps3 anymore, stupid texas weather one day its hot the other cool :/.. so ill probably wait until december when the weather stays cool :)*but then the ps3 folding probably won't be worth it as i just care about the points :eek: ;)* but yea i won't be able to sleep as the fans are kind of loud and a few feet away from my bed.

ah ok, ill be getting a kill a watt :) yea i don't fold with the ps3 anymore, stupid texas weather one day its hot the other cool :/.. so ill probably wait until december when the weather stays cool :)*but then the ps3 folding probably won't be worth it as i just care about the points :eek: ;)* but yea i won't be able to sleep as the fans are kind of loud and a few feet away from my bed.

swap out the fans with some silent ones.. take a look in the overclocking & cooling section of the forum.. theres tons of suggestions in there.. start a christmas wish list.. :p

swap out the fans with some silent ones.. take a look in the overclocking & cooling section of the forum.. theres tons of suggestions in there.. start a christmas wish list.. :p

but but the ones in there aka 3 80mm fan and a stock 120mm*barely noticeably for intake* are all the ones i swapped out with the old ones :/ :) but it is much quieter then the stock fans though* i could say since the fans have leds that it can be my night light instead of the closet lightbulb*not the new ones :) but that wouldn't work*, but sure ill check in there but i still doubt parents will let me run 24x7 and i read an article that you shouldn't sleep with any electronics in your room as that is bad for you :confused: Thanks!

and i read an article that you shouldn't sleep with any electronics in your room as that is bad for you :confused: Thanks!

What? My skin was always green and had a slight glow to it. Running my computers 24/7 has had no effect. I always scared the neighbors when I went outside.... :p

Back