my temp vs. yours

slampy

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
70
my CPU temp seems way too low, I can't believe it. I have an AMD Athlon64 3500+Venice core cpu, and even when I am playing fear or multitasking it is low. is it possible that the program is not working? I am using the GURU that came with my Abit mobo. also, where is the thermometer in my comp? is there an actual thermometer in the case, or on teh mobo? how does that work? let me know what your temps are. I'm afraid mine is running hot and I don't know it.

cputemp.JPG
 
I've had a faulty thermal sensor before on a mother board. It would read 20c or so higher than actual. It's shouldn't be a problem unless it crashes and what not. You can always try a different thermal monitoring program, but if that still gives you awkward readings, then get a fan controller that has a temp display on the front. These come with their own thermal sensors that you place wherever you want. they usually come with three or so.

 
oh yeah, I forgot to mention what I am running. I have an Athlon 64 3500+ Venice core, and I am using the OEM heatsink that came with it. I planned on getting a better heatsink, but it seems to be running really cool just like this.
 
Touch the Heatsink. Does it feel pretty darn cool? If it does, it may actually be almost correct. It could be faulty, but it might actually not be.
 
touch it after I turn the system off? I'd hate to be retarded and think I can touch it while on, when I shouldn't. lol
 
Back
Top