My System

Lokius

n00b
I know it isnt modded, but I've always prefered sleek and sophisticated compared to flashing light show and edgy. Standard Mach V with Exotix Paint job with 16 layers of paint and clearcoat, I've seen nicer, but for what I wanted, suits me just fine. :)

Picture%20274%7E0.jpg
Picture%20276.jpg
Picture%20278.jpg

He got the case from Falcon Northwest.(at least I think he did) Here is a link--> http://www.falcon-nw.com/
They use the Cooler Master ATC-110 a lot. Nice computer Lokius, it's really sharp!

EDIT: Hey Lokius, is that sticker on the monitor covering a "DELL" logo? :D

Yes, it is a Falcon-NW Mach V machine, it was built in around 3 weeks. Haha yes Sandman, that is a sticker covering up the dell logo on my monitor, wouldnt have it any other way, at least until I can pick up that HP L235 LCD :D

Nice shine on that thing man. Unmodded it may be, but you can't complain one bit about that paint job.

speedracer089 said:
i am almost sure that they send those to www.smooth-creations.com for the detailed paint like the red one above pr they might send the all of them. i am not sire

Yeah I read a thread a while back over in the 3DMark Forums about Smooth Creations. I think they do do all of Falcon's rigs. Looks like they do a good job:D.

Yeah the paintwork is really top notch, if you just want to get a the case go through smooth-creations, because Falcon only sells complete systems.

Yeah, Smooth Creations does the paint work for Falcon Northwest. I want to send them the top cover to the new shuttle im getting and get them to paint a Counter-Stike theme on the left side, a Starcraft theme on the right side, and my screenname on the top. That would be pretty leet, but expensive.

roachm said:
Yeah, Smooth Creations does the paint work for Falcon Northwest. I want to send them the top cover to the new shuttle im getting and get them to paint a Counter-Stike theme on the left side, a Starcraft theme on the right side, and my screenname on the top. That would be pretty leet, but expensive.
You might want to read this: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=51045
:)

hey

we have the same monitor,i got mine second hand but my size and width are all messed up, what are your settings for it?

Currently, I run the monitor @ 1280x1024 at 90hz, it is analog and I have X800XT PE running the monitor

naw but when u push the menu button and go to size center and the geometry, what are all your settings

ty

ok under size/center, the top first one is 63, second down is 56, third is 86, fourth is 47

under geometry, the first one is 54, second 36, third 26, fourth 48, and fifth is 47.

Hope that helps you out, yeah Falcon Northwest makes some great machines, to see the rest of the pictures head over to this link Falcon Northwest Mach V

The stats on the machine are as follows -

Asus A8v
AMD 3500+
Zalman CPU Fan
1 gig pc3200 DDR
(2) 120gb Seagates in Raid 0 Array
ATi X800XT Platinum Edition
Lite On 16x DVD
Plextor Px712A
Audigy 2 w/ Klipsch 5.1 ultra's and Klipsch ProMedia DD-5.1 Decoder
Falcon Northwest silence package

$ 3600 for that? Hell it has ribbon cables in it!! $3600 no paint matched monitor.
for 3600 I could build you an extreme System all matching pieces ,build you a custom matching desk and paint the room to match everything!! Including a very quiet ass kicking liquid cooling setup!Yikes!! But hey if it makes you happy then more power to ya

WZ

I paid a premium for it no doubt, but it's super fast and the service was top notch. I did not buy the monitor through Falcon, it's an old dell p991 that's around 5 years old.

There is no arguing that FNW puters are fast. Just seemed to me for the money they could have given the same attention to detail inside the case as outside. Yes I believe you payed top dollar for it. However, I believe also that you will be happy with it for a long time to come. :D

WZ

Any idea whether or not Smooth Creations still sell custom paint job cases using the ATC 110 ?

I just read a review of a case they did for CNET/ZDNET with this case and it cost them $2,000

That's just disgustingly expensive for a damn paint job.

Case = $100-150

paint job = $1,850-1,900

Insane.

I love quality of the paint, and love the case.

I'd ditch the wavemaster i have now for that case. If only I could find it online...

Nice looking setup.
But what the hell? THose assholes take 3 weeks to build your machine!?? If I was paying that kind of money, I'd expect it on my desktop playing games in 3 days, jeez.

The paintjob is not worth $1500, no way in hell. I got a pretty decent discount on the paintjob, so I stepped up and got the logo's as well.

Prior to this Falcon-NW, I had a Voodoo PC, it took them over 50 days to deliver my machine, and it ultimately went back for a full refund. I hate that company, really didn't work out. Falcon Northwest took 3 weeks, and they ran a little behind schedule due to the X800XT PE being out of stock or something, they next day aired it for me as compensation. Here are some pictures of my previous machine, the Voodoo Rage, which I had for about two weeks before it went back for a full refund, piece of crap :eek:

Voodoo Rage

I'm normally not one to flame...

BUT WHY WOULD YOU SPEND OVER 3500 ON THAT. :mad:

And if you chose to spend that much why are you on this forum? Anybody who reads a hardware based forum should realize by now that building a computer is a piece of cake and you save monies.

You could've saved at least a thousand and gone to an autobody paint shop to get the same finish :rolleyes:

And isn't this the case mod gallery??? Not the pre-mod gallery?

It's obvious that most people in these forums usually build the machines themselves, however I've got a pretty busy schedule, and the convenience of knowing that if anything goes wrong with the system for the next 3 years, it will be taken care of perfectly, was well worth the premium I paid for it. Yes I could of built a computer myself and if problems arised, I could have troubleshooted it, but my time is precious to me, and I'd rather spend my time doing other things then trying to fix a computer

I meant that the parts you got were at the most worth 2000 and thats stretching it. So basically they did charge you about 1500 bucks for the paint job.

Back