My Start Menu is broken?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
Over the past few days, I've noticed something odd about my Vista start menu. I can't seem to use the shortcuts for "most recently used programs." For example, I use OneNote to take, well, notes during classes. However, when I click on its icon in the Frequently Accessed Programs list in the Start Menu, I get no response from the computer. The only way to get the EXE to open is to go to All Programs->Microsoft Office->OneNote.

I've tried clearing the checkbox for "show a list of recently opened programs" and then putting the checkbox back. This just started for no reason at all. And no, I do NOT feel like "just reformatting" unless absolutely necessary.

I don't know why you would even consider formatting, even if there WASNT a fix for this. Its such a little problem.

Can't you just create a shortcut to the program on the Start Menu, Desktop, or Quick Launch?

Alternatively, look at the Properties of the shortcut in the Recent Programs. Is it pointing to the right location?

The Office programs have hardcoded shortcuts, there's nothing I can do (The Target says "Microsoft Office 2007") and I've tried modifying the Start In option, but no go. Oddly, my JCreator program works, but iTunes doesn't...

Back