My speaker problem

drozenski

Limp Gawd
I have the logitech Z-5500's Every now and then when something turns on i hear a loud pop in my speakers even if they are turned down. I have figured out it was the other appliances that were plugged into the circit so i switched them. But since i'm in a doom room my room circit is shared with my neighbors. So when ever their fridge or micro or really and device strats to draw a good deal of power my speakers let out a loud pop?

They are pluged into a surge strip but i'm still worried about them. I bought a line conditioner and it will be here tomarrow.. Wil that help any?

Any one else have this type of problem. Any one else have some advice?

get a small ups... when a fridge or other device turns on it pulls (sometimes) up to 3 times its running amps to get the motor started.... a ups will stop this spike from affecting your speakers... a line conditioner could help but a ups should be your next step

drozenski said:
I have the logitech Z-5500's Every now and then when something turns on i hear a loud pop in my speakers even if they are turned down. I have figured out it was the other appliances that were plugged into the circit so i switched them. But since i'm in a doom room my room circit is shared with my neighbors. So when ever their fridge or micro or really and device strats to draw a good deal of power my speakers let out a loud pop?

They are pluged into a surge strip but i'm still worried about them. I bought a line conditioner and it will be here tomarrow.. Wil that help any?

Any one else have this type of problem. Any one else have some advice?
I had the same STUPID problem at UMASS when I was living in the dorm. Every so often When using my computer with my headphones, I would get a very loud POP and this was usually when nothing turned on in my room... so it must have been "Back EMF" from some other place.

A line conditioner should do the trick!
I purchased a cheap belkin UPS, and it did not stop the problem, but it made it less severer.

It must be a somewhat common problem with dorms rooms.

yeah I'd say get yourself a decent power conditioner, but then again doing that you'd spend more on it then you did on your speakers by a good amount that would make it pretty unjustified. A ups won't really solve the problem, but really it couldn't hurt the situation any.

Power conditioner/UPS = The right expensive way

Ferrite Cores on EVERYTHING = The cheap could work way

I had alot of problems with my Digital piano where it would pickup noise from the power line and spew garbage whenever someone used the washing machine or something. Other times turn on a light and you hear crap from the speakers for awhile. A single ferrite core solved this.

i bought this do you think it will do the trick?

http://www.digitalhotbuy.com/dhbstore/part/partTechnotes.do?skuNo=979487

Use APC Line-R units for both home and office electronics: computers, monitors, inkjet printers, scanners, fax, modems, telephone equipment, TVs, stereos, CD players, VCRs, DVDs and more APC?s Line-R voltage regulator automatically protects sensitive electronic devices by regulating utility voltage during brownouts, power sags and over-voltages to safe levels, helping to ensure their longest possible life. This units supplies 1200 watts of continuous, regulated AC power. It features a voltage selector switch so it can be used in regions with 110V, 120V and 127V AC utility power. It has four surge protected power outlets, and a combination power switch/circuit breaker for convenience and overload protection. Use APC?s Line-R unit for both home and office electronics: computers, monitors, inkjet printers, scanners, fax, modems, telephone equipment, TVs, stereos, CD players, VCRs, DVDs and more.

Back