Atomic_Sheep
n00b
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2010
- Messages
- 2
Hi guys, I purchased some Logitech X-230s a few months back and yes they are cheap as chips, I thought they were going to be fine for my purposes. I am quite happy with them although quite obviously if I could afford some crazy Focals, I'd swap them in a flash. The biggest problem I have with them is that they aren't shielded. I noticed they started to affect my monitor (I have LCD so if LCD's can not be affected by speakers then slap me) recently and basically that's no good. The effect is quite strange though... as I sit typing this, everything looks totally fine but when I had the lights out a few weeks ago, I saw two red blobs at the bottom of both sides of the monitor.
After checking out the thread with all the members' setups I was quite confused because a lot of people have their speakers nice and close to their monitors and I'm sure not all of those speakers are shielded or I might be wrong but the point is, I'm pretty sure I want to sell these speakers and get something that will allow me to keep them nice and close to the monitor but at the same time keeping the monitor safe or maybe even go for something a bit more higher end and get some speakers on stands and place them on either side of my table.
I just wanted to clarify whether having shielded speakers will cause any problems to the monitor if they are placed behind it... not totally behind it but something similar to this:
http://cdn.huddler.com/2/25/25afbf49_htf_imgcache_28090.jpeg
I've got a very similar setup with a monitor stand but the speakers are placed a bit further back and are angled slightly to get a more directional sound. So basically the cones cant really be shielded right?
Basically if I go for the same setup I'm looking for 2:1 setups that would suit my needs (I'm not prepared to move the speakers around/further away from the monitor as my table space isn't really flexible. If I decide to for something a bit more top end I probably don't want to spend more than 1k AUD (~8-900USD) with sub and amp if I need it. I'm also open to purchasing something second hand so there are some more expensive speakers that I might be able to find in that similar price range then that would be fine also I think. Although I would prefer to go full tower if I go this route, I think it would be totally impractical to have them at this stage and for some time to come, as they would be standing next to my table which will block most of the sound so really I need something that can be chucked onto stands.
Any information and suggestions would be much appreciated.
After checking out the thread with all the members' setups I was quite confused because a lot of people have their speakers nice and close to their monitors and I'm sure not all of those speakers are shielded or I might be wrong but the point is, I'm pretty sure I want to sell these speakers and get something that will allow me to keep them nice and close to the monitor but at the same time keeping the monitor safe or maybe even go for something a bit more higher end and get some speakers on stands and place them on either side of my table.
I just wanted to clarify whether having shielded speakers will cause any problems to the monitor if they are placed behind it... not totally behind it but something similar to this:
http://cdn.huddler.com/2/25/25afbf49_htf_imgcache_28090.jpeg
I've got a very similar setup with a monitor stand but the speakers are placed a bit further back and are angled slightly to get a more directional sound. So basically the cones cant really be shielded right?
Basically if I go for the same setup I'm looking for 2:1 setups that would suit my needs (I'm not prepared to move the speakers around/further away from the monitor as my table space isn't really flexible. If I decide to for something a bit more top end I probably don't want to spend more than 1k AUD (~8-900USD) with sub and amp if I need it. I'm also open to purchasing something second hand so there are some more expensive speakers that I might be able to find in that similar price range then that would be fine also I think. Although I would prefer to go full tower if I go this route, I think it would be totally impractical to have them at this stage and for some time to come, as they would be standing next to my table which will block most of the sound so really I need something that can be chucked onto stands.
Any information and suggestions would be much appreciated.