my sound card dying?

Desolate

Limp Gawd
i think my sound card is dying, i'm hearing a crackling noise in my music and videos any audio when doing anything on the pc, like searching the web opening a file, or anything thats loading.

more than likely its just the cables. unplug and replug them a few times. if that does not help play it and wiggle the varios cables. of one crackles then replace it.

hmm it went away, i'm hoping it was the cables and not the hardware thanks

if it comes and gos then it is probably just a dirty contact. drivers dont just suddenly start and then stop crackling for no reason. Next thing you know, the same people will be telling you to reformat :)

remember it could also be whatever you are listening with. the volume control on some speakers is often a good suspect.

i started to get the static again while searching the web. i took the card out and put it back in to see if that would work. lets see if i hear the crackling noise anymore....

i dont understand but randomly the crackling noise will start happening, its very anoying, everytime it happens after i restart it goes away what could this be, should i start looking for a new sound card?

Back