• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My soon to be modded pc

mikeroq

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
327
Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 3800+ @ 2.4ghz
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
2gb DDR400 Dual Channel
XFX 7900GT 256mb
120GB SATA
80GB IDE
16x DVD+/-RW
16x DVD
6 in 1 memory reader
Creative XF-I Platinum
Happauge PVR500 Dual Tv Tuner
Windows Media Center 2005
MCE Remote

Pics: (more to come)
0000791rt0.jpg

0000798mp5.jpg


0000799tr3.jpg
 
Going a little off topic. Is that 430 watt PSU I see there? If so upgrade that PSU!!! You have buttloads of components in there. You for sure need a stronger PSU.

Going on topic. Looks good. Nice specs. After some WM, that will look great.
 
Hehe, if it works dont fix it. Btw that PSU isn't bad, I've done some testing with it. Rails are a bit low but EXTREMELY stable. It's a rebranded 550w anyway, take a closer look @ the model number ;).
 
NickS said:
Hehe, if it works dont fix it. Btw that PSU isn't bad, I've done some testing with it. Rails are a bit low but EXTREMELY stable. It's a rebranded 550w anyway, take a closer look @ the model number ;).

I have one myself. I will agree it isnt that bad of one. But he just has alot of components in there. Not sure how good that can be. If it works though under heavy gaming and stressing then I guess you got lucky and saved 50 bucks at least.
 
It does work its never failed in the 6 months ive had it, it was in my old rig. It is infact a 430w psu not a rebraneded 520 or w/e
 
Wow, this got off topic fast.

Anyway, you have a nice clean base to start with. What are your plans for it?
 
Well I have 2 planned upgrades in the near future.

Upgrade 0: buy some sleeving and zies and heatshrink, shorten psu cables, remove unnecessory ones, resleve and rewire, also sleeve other cables
Upgrade 1: Purchuse and install a GPU cooler and a new cpu cooler along with new fans.

Upgrade 2: PSU and another 7900GT
 
damn bro, nice set up and oc...
i have prety much similar set up as ur (except the mobo, ram branded, video card and psu), but i have tough time for oc. wat vcore do u set to? my x2 3800+ @ 2.4 @1.5v. and have to run ram @333. the moment i leave @ 1:1 ratio the whole thing wud crash and not stable for gaming. i used 3 psu so far and stil ahve problem with oc,lolz.. guess my chip is bad. nice stuffs bro and good luck of ur project dude.
 
You should paint the optical drive and the card reader to match the case, simple mod that I think would make it sleeker.
 
I am replacing those two components, with a new DVDRW and a floppy/card reader. also I will add some multi functions panels as well as my own
 
Back
Top