My shortest upgrade span ever.

Stoly

Supreme [H]ardness
When I first started PC gaming with a ATI3dRageProTurbo, I started upgrading every 2 to 4 years tops.
My longest span was like 10 years from 2007 a few years after that I pretty much gave up on buying new PC games and hence newer video cards.

But thanks to ETH I have upgraded from a GTX1070 I got back in July (and mined for about 5 months) to a GTX1070Ti that I should receive in a couple of days.

If you bought 10 GTX 1070 5 months ago you'd have a new car by now.

normally like, not too often. but im grown now with ok cash suply so last 2 years it's been, 980ti - > sli 980ti ->1080(sent back cause it was overhyped crap) -> 1080ti prety awesome keeping it for a good while now, seeing what happen with resell price and new price on 2080/1180ti? now just keeping eye on cpu and how they go, id guess this 5820k atleast have 2 more good years or more, but seeing what icelake will be. i guess for most part it's gfx need to catch up to cpu's. had a few computers in my lifetime, my self built first was something like a radeon 9800 that u could flash bios to pro, not sure what else was in it but. first pc a piece of junk that couldnt run counter strike hehe, half life worked tho on software choppy settings something. until my stepdad bougth a pentium 4 rig, also bit unsure about what was in it. then after a radeon 4850 cfx rig wich lasted me quite a while, hot stuff lol, changed fans on both tho. not quite sure what i had after that, but i remember spilling a cup of tea over the intake fan ontop of the case on my brand new radeon gfx, i think that was a 7850 card. now i set cups oposite place of cabinet and preferably under something LOL.. used most my cash at the time so i had to go with a gtx 550ti /w some amd cpu wich i had for a good while until a few years i bougth a r 280x /w 4670k cpu to what i got today as it's about 2 years since my financials have improved alot. pc is best no discussions lol. consoles are today prety impressive for the shitty specs but just a gimped pc, still got a ps4 tho, keeping until last of us 2 is here if it comes on this platform.

If you bought 10 GTX 1070 5 months ago you'd have a new car by now.

Maybe. But I was just looking to recover what I paid for the GTX1070. I'm no serious miner. I think I got much more than I expected. I mean I was ready to cash out at $300 and then at $475.

I cashed at a little over $700 after fees a few days ago. I only mined for about 4 months till I got 1 ETH. At the time difficulty skyrocketed and ETH was like $300 something, so I decided to play some games instead.

I guess I could have got a $700 dll car but I'd rather get the GTX1070Ti and keep the change. (which I'll end up buying christmas presents for my wife and kid anyway)

I guess I'll mine with both cards now. Till I get back what I paid for the GTX1070Ti, 4 to 6 months maybe, who knows.

Yeah, i was pretty sad when i looked up my old eth wallet address. I had mined 54 of them last year, but instead of selling them today $800 each, i sold them for $10 each. Well played.
Yikes

Back