My short review of the Acer AL2016W.

reveille_83

Limp Gawd
Well I was pretty optimistic about these monitors. I bought 2 of them off of Buy.com - I believe they were 290 dollars including shipping each.

I can't say they perfect, but they are pretty darn good. The only problem i have with them is lack of DVI. They are currently VGA only. For my naked eye I have always had a hard time noticing a difference between DVI and VGA.

I would recommend these monitors. You can't complain about the price. They are 8ms which is very, very good. They are stylish and lightweight. I have enclosed a few pictures of them so you can get an idea of what they look like.

I appreciate any feedback!

IMG_00722.jpg

IMG_00742.jpg

IMG_00702.jpg

IMG_00682.jpg

They certainly look nice. I am myself tempted to pull the trigger on the 2051W. Thanks for the pictures.

<edit> i just saw you have a ATI card. Could you do me a favor and post another picture of a game running in a 4:3 or 5:4 resolution (e.g. 1280x1024 or 1024x768). I'd like to see if the monitor strechtes it to WS or keeps the aspect ratio. Also, if it strechtes it, i'd like to see how it looks like. There might be a driver setting in your ATI settings to keep the aspect ratio, no matter what...

Appreciated!!!

Did you take that picture of the Hong Kong Island skyline? Was it stretched or in native res? Anyway I want one. :)

Unfortunately this is a work machine and do not have any games installed.. I will see what I can do though.

And yes, the desktop wallpaper is in native resolution of 1680x1050 which can be found at www.interfacelift.com

Thanks for the reads!

Acer is making a very good VGA only display, I have bought the 19" WS version for my son's rig and it is very nice IQ, and less banding than my DVI Gateway...go figure :p

Nice duallies!!!

Back