• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My Rig Doesn't Work: BSOD at Windows Splash

shG

n00b
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
41
Hi, i recently set up a rig, but every timei run my computer in normal mode, it BSOD and restarts. However, I can run it in safe mode.

Can you guys help me check for compatibility issues or if there is a problem with the ahrdware.

Here is my rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 710
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-m61pme-s2p
Video Card: evga Geforce 250 GTS (I also tried an 8800GTS, but I still got BSOD)
PSU: Corsair 650HX
Ram: Kingston 2x 2GB

at first I thought ram was an issu. but it seems that 4GB is read in the bios and 3.50GB is read on system specs in safe mode.

Please help, thank you.
 
At what point during the setup did you start getting the BSOD?

I'll be setting up a Windows 7 RC system tomorrow night if UPS delivers my parts, I hope I don't run into any issues!
 
at first I thought ram was an issu. but it seems that 4GB is read in the bios and 3.50GB is read on system specs in safe mode.

Please help, thank you.

Are you running x86/32-bit version of Windows 7 or the x64/64-bit edition?
 
HUGE piece of missing info: What is the BSOD error code?
If the screen flashes too fast, disable automatic restart.
Report back with hex error code.

There's a huge list of things that could be causing the BSOD... but getting the error code will help narrow down all these shots in the dark.
 
Last edited:
Do you have ACC enabled in the bios? Maybe it's unlocking the fourth core and it isn't really stable at the current settings. Otherwise, I think maybe one or more of your components aren't getting enough voltage.
 
Sounds exactly like it's a bad driver that's causing the problem.


Boot into safe mode and uninstall whatever the last drivers you updated were, and/or remove whatever was the latest piece of hardware you put in your PC and see if the problem still occurs.
 
Do you have ACC enabled in the bios? Maybe it's unlocking the fourth core and it isn't really stable at the current settings. Otherwise, I think maybe one or more of your components aren't getting enough voltage.

The Gigabyte ga-m61pme-s2p is NVIDIA GeForce 6100. No ACC there.

If you got a spare hard-drive perhaps try to install Windows again and see how it goes.

Gotta narrow down the problem a bit more. For now just as spine say... it sounds like a bad driver.
 
HUGE piece of missing info: What is the BSOD error code?
If the screen flashes too fast, disable automatic restart.
Report back with hex error code.

There's a huge list of things that could be causing the BSOD... but getting the error code will help narrow down all these shots in the dark.

This.


Also, try tossing in the Windows disc and do a repair. Typically a BSOD on the splash screen can be caused by a bad driver, or corrupted system file. Those two seem to be the most common, followed by bad RAM.
 
Back
Top