My Revised Setup Pics!

lostiam2

n00b
My revised setup with advice from this forum. QX6700 overclocked to 3.2 MHz. I used to have everything on a single loop, but changed it to a dual loop configuration. Temps went down with dual loop!

Loop 1 = MCP350 > MCR320 > Apogee GT > DD 680i > Microres
Temps = 32-34C idle, 46-50C load

Loop 2 = MCP350 > MCR320 > 8800 GTX > SB > Microres
Temps = 42C idle, 50C load

These temps are with my fans running at 5v only.
I have the high speed yate yoons, but with the fan controllers they are more quiet than my old expensive Silenx fans. Yate yoons cost me $3.00, Silenx cost me $25! Plus if I want to lower the temps more, I just need to turn up the fans.

IMG_1140_resize.jpg

IMG_1146_resize.jpg

IMG_1145_resize.jpg

IMG_1152_resize.jpg

IMG_1153_resize.jpg

IMG_1161_resize.jpg

IMG_1165_resize.jpg

IMG_1168_resize.jpg

IMG_1176_resize.jpg

IMG_1181_resize.jpg

IMG_1157_resize.jpg

Thanks, the Mozart case is an excellent case for water cooling. There's enough room on the back of the case to mount 2x MCR220 rads without having to use any mounting brackets. The case's depth is only 14" which provides excellent air flow from front to back. There are slots for a total of 10x 120 fans in this case!

Lol, instead of buying the little 7" lcd I put the money torwards a backup 24" monitor!

Bitchin' setup! The case is really awesome, I wish it came in black! :p (It probably does too!)

My question is, what type of tubing is that?

Niiice Setup man!

That case is HUGE! How the hell do you fit it underneath your desk?

Thanks for compliments. The case does come in black version, but it still has a silver front panel. The Mozart is only 27" high x 13" wide x 13" depth. I took out the foam filter from behind the front panel black screen, for better airflow. The tubing is Durelene PVC tubing 3/8in. ID 1/2in. OD by Saint-Gobain, a lot cheaper than Tygon but still very flexible. And I just have Coolsleeves wrapped around the tubing to prevent kinks, plus it looks neat. And no, the case is next to my desk instead of under it due to height.

With the dual loops I was able to easily overclock the QX6700 to 3.6 MHz and still stay under 50 C. I couldn't tell the difference between 3.2 and 3.6 unless I ran benchmarks, so I went back to 3.2 to keep my temps in the 30's C and keep the pc silent.

Back