My quest to get a 226bw S panel.

Om1zzle

Limp Gawd
there are 2 local stores in town that have them : Office Depot and Circuit City.

I went into each store and asked if I could swap the monitors if I didnt get the one I was looking for and they both said I would be able to, without a restocking fee. I really doubt this for some reason.

Which store should I go for (the prices are the same, $330)? Is CCs warranty worth it for a monitor?

Also, from my understanding, even if there is an "S" on the label on the back of the monitor, it may not be? How can I check to be sure? Any way I could do it in store?

Just looking for a little help...

I used to work at OD, and we would go to far lengths to make customers happy, not sure if that's true of many CCs, but it was for a few ODs I knew of. It depends on the employees too, the cool ones will do what they can to make you happy.

Can you buy the floor sample? Like if you saw one on the shelf, can you take a look at the back and offer to buy that one? (for a discount too, which would make it a killer deal :p )

You'll be lucky if they have any that tell you what model you have without doing the in menu check, even then it may be the newer ones like mine that has ZERO information on what display it is but works great anyway.

BTW .. I bought two from Amazon, they both are adjusted the same and are GREAT! :D

What happens if u buy it, and they go through stock of one whole store only to find they cant find an S panel? At one point they will pressure you into accepting what stock they have, and if you make a big, big scene perhaps offer to refund the money.

For sure at Office Depot you can do a refund without restocking, but at CC there is a restocking charge.

well I went by CC after I got of work (from Best Buy lol...) and tested the screen, there was no indication on the label on the back.

The menu said:
M-ME22W0BDA-1003

What panel is this? Is this any indication of the other panels they have in stock? It was manufactured in June of 2007

Code:
The menu said:
M-ME22W0B[b]D[/b]A-1003

That would be a ChiMei panel. I use the info below.

Code:
    * X-xxxxxxxAx-xxxx: Samsung panel.
    * X-xxxxxxxLx-xxxx: AU Optronics panel.
    * X-xxxxxxxDx-xxxx: CMO panel.
    * X-xxxxxxxIx-xxxx: CPT panel.

Back