My PS3 pics

WarlordBB

Limp Gawd
I convinced 3 of my friends to stand in line for me (with some monetary compensation) and below are some pics.

If you're interested, #1 is going to my younger sister and #2 is going to my nephews via my father buying them from me for my cost and expenses. I'm still trying to decide about #3. I myself hate consoles, always have and always will. I'm a PC gamer. Not trying to knock all you consolers, just my choice.

My friends didn't know what they were getting themselves into. They had to camp since 4pm Wednesday until 8am today. They had fun with it and I brought them breakfest and a generator and heater. They just played poker and WoW the card game all night.

Anyway, here's some pics. I'll bust one open for y'all if you want more pics but I'll have to do that later cause I've already let this interfer with work enough :):

ps3_01.jpg

ps3_02.jpg

WarlordBB said:
WoW the card game all night.....

They Have WoW in card game form now??? :eek:

wow!

Well if you are giving it out as presents, see which other family memeber has been good enough to get one of those :)

Make a contest for [H]ardForum members to win it!

(Sign up for GenMay and make it GenMay only too! :p)

Cool that you got three though. I think camping for one with enough friends would probably be pretty fun. The console itself... I feel the same way about them as you :p

Since, I'm sure there are plenty people who weren't able to get one (fucking shortages) wrap it up and give it away or sell it as a huge discount to some random person (or a friend) I'm sure you could make someone's year.

WarlordBB said:
Well, not that it isn't tempting, but, fortunately, I don't need the money either.

Besides, where's the fun in that?
i consider 3g a pop very fun

remember, money buys happiness.

inscape01 said:
You're sitting on $6k+ right there... Sell and then buy Wii's.

More if you bundle games and extra controllers.

I agree. Sell them all and buy Wii's, much more worth it imo and plus you'll be able to buy all the latest games....for a few months :D

He said he's not into console gaming... :confused:

Seriously... do something nice and donate them to charity... :)

Motley said:
"don't need the money"

huh?, wtf?, hmmmm :rolleyes:
Considering he had enough money to buy all of that stuff and "compensate" his friends...

There's plenty of people that a few thousand dollars isn't that much money...

Not me unfortunately :(

Maybe some day :p

That's cool that you're giving them to your family rather than be a faggot and sell them on Ebay.

jaguax said:
Then destroy TV and sell it on blue ray.

Sales will flop because no one actually has a blue ray player exept people with PS3's and they're all too busy playing games. Sony HQ will also explode for no reason and it will be sold on gamma tapes.

I can't see the pics? is that just me?

And for what to do with it...well thats up to you. You can give it to some charity to give to a kid who wanted a console for christmas and make his freakin life or you can just give it to another family member....I am sure you have plenty that would want one. Unless there aren't many kids in the fam:)

I like what you are doing with it though.

VoodooChi|d said:
Donate it to charity and have them auction it off.

Best idea in all the PS3 related posts I've seen. People are greedy though so I'd be surprised if anyone does this.

inotocracy said:
Hows that hatorade taste?

:)

Yes, if he focused that hatred he'd be pissing himself off in no time. :)

I'm by no means a "rich person", I just work very hard at a chosen profession that pays very well. Not that there's anything wrong with being such.

You can be cool and have money, it's not against the rules. Take Kyle Bennett for example.

Anyway, I would donate it to charity or, better yet, I've thought about sending it over to some of our troops, but I've been told it would take months to get there.

I did think about the charity angle but I already do many things in that arena so I've pretty much decided #3 is going to go to a family member or someone we know that wouldn't have any other means to obtain one (but is deserving).

Regardless, I've just been told that my other nephew, who I thought was an Xbox 360 fanatic, might want this (not in a, "well if no one else does", but in a "we have no idea if he would want it or not") way, so... it might be going to him.

The main thing is (and is why I even posted this) I wanted you to know that not _everyone_ is just going to Ebay these things (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Seanmounce said:
Sales will flop because no one actually has a blue ray player exept people with PS3's and they're all too busy refreshing thier eBay page. Sony HQ will also explode for no reason and it will be sold on gamma tapes.

I fixed that there for ya, buddy.

WarlordBB said:

Yes, if he focused that hatred he'd be pissing himself off in no time. :)

I'm by no means a "rich person", I just work very hard at a chosen profession that pays very well. Not that there's anything wrong with being such.

You can be cool and have money, it's not against the rules. Take Kyle Bennett for example.

Anyway, I would donate it to charity or, better yet, I've thought about sending it over to some of our troops, but I've been told it would take months to get there.

I did think about the charity angle but I already do many things in that arena so I've pretty much decided #3 is going to go to a family member or someone we know that wouldn't have any other means to obtain one (but is deserving).

Regardless, I've just been told that my other nephew, who I thought was an Xbox 360 fanatic, might want this (not in a, "well if no one else does", but in a "we have no idea if he would want it or not") way, so... it might be going to him.

The main thing is (and is why I even posted this) I wanted you to know that not _everyone_ is just going to Ebay these things (not that there's anything wrong with that).
the troops idea sounds the best IMO, i bet you could get it over there without TOO much hassle...

WarlordBB said:

Depends on where it's going. When I was in Qatar, packages only took 6 days to get to me from the states. Packages to Iraq/Afghanistan will take 3 weeks max.

It would make a great christmas gift. If you do decide to give it to charity how about going down to a local hospital, especially one with a big pediatrics center. I am sure the kids there would LOVE to have someone walk in one day and say "Here's a PS3 have fun!"

Erasmus354 said:
It would make a great christmas gift. If you do decide to give it to charity how about going down to a local hospital, especially one with a big pediatrics center. I am sure the kids there would LOVE to have someone walk in one day and say "Here's a PS3 have fun!"
I think if you're going to do that it can't be used or something... I forget the specifics but I know ChildsPlay (the PennyArcade charity thing) mentioned it when asking for donations.

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/index.php

May be some info here. Oh and IF YOU'RE A GAMER AND YOU HAVE A LITTLE SPARE CASH, PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GUYS! They're doing a very cool thing. :)

Give one to a kid that you have no connection to. Just give it to him.

Send one to Iraq.

Auction one off for charity.

Psychotext said:
I think if you're going to do that it can't be used or something... I forget the specifics but I know ChildsPlay (the PennyArcade charity thing) mentioned it when asking for donations.

May be some info here. Oh and IF YOU'RE A GAMER AND YOU HAVE A LITTLE SPARE CASH, PLEASE SUPPORT THESE GUYS! They're doing a very cool thing. :)

Thanks for reminding me of this site. I was gonna donate to it but lost the link. Good cause!

Psychotext said:

I was in line with the guys from ScrewAttack.com (they were featured on the Penny-Arcade homepage)...they were getting two systems: one to keep, and one to sell and donate the proceeds to Childs Play.

Back