MY PROBLEMS with Vista

Autopia

Limp Gawd
ok here we go, I like the look of Vista, the problem is the freaken screen blinks like 10 times. then there is the damn access crap, where I ahve to click allow or continue. if I can get these stupid things to stop I will like this os.

Read up on User Access Control UAC, there a any number of ways to deal with it and I have no idea what screen blinking 10 times means.

it goes blank for about 3 secs then I can see the desktop again for about a sec then blank again. does this like 10 times.

Check your video drivers? Sounds like an odd problem.

As for UAC, it seems to affect different people in different ways. I don't see UAC prompts very much.

ok here we go, I like the look of Vista, the problem is the freaken screen blinks like 10 times. then there is the damn access crap, where I ahve to click allow or continue. if I can get these stupid things to stop I will like this os.

First things first. You need to provide us specs of your rig and which version of Vista you are using (32 or 64).

Check your video drivers? Sounds like an odd problem.

As for UAC, it seems to affect different people in different ways. I don't see UAC prompts very much.

your right, it is a driver problem, the drivers for my motherboard were causing me some problems, plus I had that stupid task scheduler doing things, like customer service expr. like I care about that crap. so I disabled things like that, now the system is running great.

One of UAC features is to disable the desktop so nothing can continue until you acknowledge the UAC prompt. I know it is part of the protection of UAC, but I hate it, so rather than turning of UAC entirely, I disable this feature of it.

Load the local security policy (can't recall the specifics right now) and under security options there is an option about enabling/disabling secure desktop.

Search for "vista uac secure desktop" for more info.

One of UAC features is to disable the desktop so nothing can continue until you acknowledge the UAC prompt.

Sort of, but the UAC prompt doesn't always request a response immediately if it's triggered by a program in the background (then you just get the request flashing in the task bar). It's more about running it on a secure desktop where only system processes can work, preventing malware from automatically clicking "Continue".

If it takes several seconds to switch though, something's wrong - takes a fraction of a second for me.

Back