My (Poor) Experience with BenQ

Timbrewulf

n00b
Joined
Apr 24, 2012
Messages
2
I apologize for a first time post being a rant, but as BenQ isn't on ResellerRatings and isn't a member of the BBB, I figured I could share my experience here.

I'm now very wary of dealing with BenQ. They have shown themselves to be dishonest and disreputable over a matter of $25.00.

When I initially went to purchase an XL2420TX off of their site, I used a 10% off code.

The order was processed successfully as verified by my credit card company.

The next day, I receive a cancellation notice with no reason given. I launch the chat application on their storefront and am connected with an operator named "BENQ" (whom I find out later to be 'Andrew').

I'm informed that my order was cancelled due to the card number 'being input incorrectly' (if it had been entered wrong, it wouldn't have processed the pre-auth, which it had as verified by my CC company).

Amazingly, I used the same Chrome autofill of CC information on NewEgg 10 minutes after placing my order with BenQ, and my RAM has already been charged and shipped.

So, I shrugged and went to place my order again. The 10% code was no longer valid.

I launched the chat application and asked about the code, but they stated that no code had expired recently. When I asked for them to apply the code I used yesterday then, they stated that it had expired yesterday and they couldn't (...but they just said no codes had expired recently... Imagine that). I told him that he had a couple options at this point, he could 'lose' $50 by honouring the discount or he could lose $450 as I take my business elsewhere. He closed the chat window, effectively 'hanging up' on me.

I have this invoice with the price clearly having 10% marked off and now they won't honour it. They're willing to give up a customer, risk poor reputation and be generally unpleasant over a matter of $50.00.

I then called customer support, hoping I would speak with someone other than the individual manning the chat service, but was connected with Andrew again. I, again, was accused of entering my CC information incorrectly and met with nothing but hostility.

Even if the CC information was entered incorrectly, and even if the discount code expired yesterday, you'd think that a company that has any customer service values whatsoever would honour the price paid less than 12 hours ago.

Eventually, I pried a 5% off code out of them, but If their sales team is this dishonest, I shudder to think what I might experience if ever I have a problem. BenQ isn't a member of ResellerRatings or the Better Business Bureau and now you know why.
 
Last edited:
So you did buy it off them anyway?

If you really werent pleased then instead of actually buying the monitor and giving them customs, then coming here and moaning about it you should of just told them to F off and not bought it.

Companies like BenQ haven't got great customer service ect. because that isn't really what they do.. they make the products and ship them to the shops to do all that, if you want good customer service then just buy the monitor from the shop, if you cant for some reason get it from the shop then buy it off them directly but don't expect any great customer service because they aren't a retailer.
 
First, the BBB is a scam organization. As seen on 60 Minutes, it just takes a credit card number to improve a member's rating.

Second, I really feel your pain. I've been so frustrated by this kind of stuff in the past, corporations and their employees not caring, not being helpful, etc. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses and move on. How much is your time and being angry worth? I would buy something from their competitor. Good luck! :)
 
So you did buy it off them anyway?

If you really werent pleased then instead of actually buying the monitor and giving them customs, then coming here and moaning about it you should of just told them to F off and not bought it.

Companies like BenQ haven't got great customer service ect. because that isn't really what they do.. they make the products and ship them to the shops to do all that, if you want good customer service then just buy the monitor from the shop, if you cant for some reason get it from the shop then buy it off them directly but don't expect any great customer service because they aren't a retailer.

No, I haven't purchased it off of them, and I don't plan to. I just wanted to share my experiences somewhere where they could be noticed by someone else who might be considering making the same mistake I did.

The market's too competitive to have to deal with crap like this. I don't believe 'the customer is always right', but I do believe that if you're going to have customer-facing outlets, you need to have a modicum of customer service standards.
 
No, I haven't purchased it off of them, and I don't plan to. I just wanted to share my experiences somewhere where they could be noticed by someone else who might be considering making the same mistake I did.

The market's too competitive to have to deal with crap like this. I don't believe 'the customer is always right', but I do believe that if you're going to have customer-facing outlets, you need to have a modicum of customer service standards.

Good :)
I didnt mean to come across hostile atall in my post.. having just read it it really gives that impression :rolleyes:

I was just explaining BenQ and many other companies dont have good customer service directly because they arent retailers and is a reason they perfer to ship their products off to retailers so they dont with have to deal or pay a team to i
 
I had my order cancelled through them because i accidentaly swapped my billing and shipping info, which made my billing info not match what was on file with my card.

I ordered again though and it was fine. /shurg

While the OP doesn't seem hostile, im generally leery of 1 day posters.
 
I had my order cancelled through them because i accidentaly swapped my billing and shipping info, which made my billing info not match what was on file with my card.

I ordered again though and it was fine. /shurg

While the OP doesn't seem hostile, im generally leery of 1 day posters.

So you think he may be 'Andrew' and was recently laid off? :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top