my pc isnt opening up some links on websites...

KillerTomato

Limp Gawd
this is very strange. when i go to asus.com, my computer doesnt open up any of the winodows. when i went to flashplayer.com when i open up a flash i get an stupid ad. when i go to comcast.net to dl a driver for my modem, i agian get a stupid ad. i did a search for spyware, virus's, adaware, defraged my drive, and this still goes on. any help?

ur post is too unclear but theres programs especialy with firefox an extention called adblock that blocks certain ads permently or good old programs like hijack this that blocks ads and stuff

Malware these days is more persistent than ever and here is the list of programs that I normally run on an infected computer that comes into my office:

Ad-aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
Stinger
eTrust Pestpatrol
Hijackthis (be careful with this one, you can do dmg if you get crazy)
Trend Micro Internet Security 2005 (this is GREAT software in my opinion and you can get a 30-day trial if you don't want to pay...right now)

If you would like to try something else first, right-click on the link and select "open in a new window". Also, what browser are you using?

im using mozzila

i also tried the right click thing...it doesnt give me any options, it says
"about macromedia flash player 7..." wtf ? since when is flash player needed to open up a link...

c:\%windir%\system32\etc

look for a file called hosts, and see if there's any weird entries in it. just 'hosts', with no extension.

The Bryophyte said:
Malware these days is more persistent than ever and here is the list of programs that I normally run on an infected computer that comes into my office:

Ad-aware
Spybot Search & Destroy
Stinger
eTrust Pestpatrol
Hijackthis (be careful with this one, you can do dmg if you get crazy)
Trend Micro Internet Security 2005 (this is GREAT software in my opinion and you can get a 30-day trial if you don't want to pay...right now)

If you would like to try something else first, right-click on the link and select "open in a new window". Also, what browser are you using?

u should add spy sweeper its alot better then lavasoft imo

and hijack this is way overkill especialy for someone new

i know personaly i have cookies off and some other stuff so its useless for me

Back