My PC doesn't boot after installing SSD

Joined
Aug 13, 2015
Messages
15
So I was building another PC the other night and decided to boot it up today and install windows with an usb stick.

Everything was fine until I got to the windows install part. I couldn't find my drive. Then I realized I forgot to plug in the power to the SSD.

I opened up the case, plugged in the ssd to the psu and booted up again, now it simply won't boot.

I start it, the fans spin for a second, then stop and I can't make it happen again unless I turn off the psu and then turn it on again.
 
Last edited:
Looks like it works with a different power cable. On a sata power cable with multiple connectors. Do you have to use the tail end of it or can you use any? Stupid question but I opted for that with the new cable.
 
it shouldnt matter, but there may have been a short in the old cable.
 
Back
Top