My own watercooled xbox360!

unrealized said:
I alos put that paper there so that my friends would actuall believe me when I said I was actually going to do this!

Not only your friends, but the rest of the internet too. Proving that you are actually doing it and didn't steal the pictures from someone else (it works both ways Grim ;))

((Some people on ebay do the same thing with stuff they're selling ot prove they actually have it in person))

Subscribed :D

Remember the X-box? I give it t- 360 days and apache will be ported and optimized for IBM multicore. A prophecy :eek: Then the core will need cooled.

pr0pensity said:

As others have answered, and I’d like to reiterate. The Xbox 360 is a freakin wind tunnel. This may not hold true to alot of you, but I’m sound conscious, and watching a DVD on the 360 is out of the question. I'm just a whiney ass when it comes to sound, but i cant stand the stuff less it be intended (music/communication/etc).

Great project, I would like to see more pictures throughout the steps in this process of converting the Xbox 360 to a watercooled machine :)

Edit: spellcheck :)

This weekend, I will be getting together with a friend to cut the holes in the case and to design and mold the back plastic piece, also I'm planning on installing the window and perhaps some lights! I'll post pics come this weekend.

I couldn't believe how loud the xbox 360 gets.
it was louder than my loud as hell pc.
good job and good luck

updated, plus heres some more pics of the cuts:
x360inxcut.JPG

x360cutting.JPG

x360metalcut.JPG

is your box fully put together yet or have you not had any extra time to continue working on it?

This isn't a troll to bring down your efforts (and a good looking result) but what's the point of water cooling something that (I assume) you're not overlocking?

anyone know how easy it is to swap the fans out?

I would like to put some 'silent' ones in there.

Volume said:
This isn't a troll to bring down your efforts (and a good looking result) but what's the point of water cooling something that (I assume) you're not overlocking?

At times the 360's fan can be loud.

1. Watercooled = less noise
2. Bragging rights

Volume said:

More point than not reading and asking the same question over and over again. Do people read the threads they post in anymore? :p

Looks good. I would have thought 10 watts is a little conservative estimate, for some kind of tiny pump, but also additional fans it appears are being used.

lol not to thread crap but this is as retarded as a tennis helmet!

A for effort however my friend, good show.

Om1kron said:
lol not to thread crap but this is as retarded as a tennis helmet!

A for effort however my friend, good show.
yeah but when the day comes that a mod chip comes out and allows us to put linux or os x on the 360 but it runs really hot, this thread will be hella helpful!

atomriot said:
yeah but when the day comes that a mod chip comes out and allows us to put linux or os x on the 360 but it runs really hot, this thread will be hella helpful!

The people with regular x box are still waiting for that "mod chip"

UPDATE:
Im still waiting on the plastic store to finish fabricating :( taking forever because the guy who was working on it has been sick, trust me, as soon as I get those plastic pieces you guys will be the first to know!

ok, I just got back from the plastic shop and guess what: THEYRE FINALLY DONE!
heres some pics of the finished plastic piece:
xbox-plastic-front.JPG

xbox-plastic-side.JPG

Love your hard work, Unrealized!

How noisey is the dvd drive?

I thought that the dvd drive made most of the noise. Correct me if I'm wrong.

your correct, when I make the hole in the dvd drive, ill see what i can do to reduce the noise

Volume said:

It is something to do while he waits for the first AAA title to come out.

eastvillager said:
It is something to do while he waits for the first AAA title to come out.
Four months and counting. ;)

Anyways, nice mod. It's alittle bulky for my taste (I don't much like how the Koolance sticks out so far in the back) but it is pretty cool.

Unrealized

Let us know how you get on with quietening the dvd drive.
Is it possible to just swap drive for quieter one or does firmware stop this?

Keep up the good work
Very inspiring stuff!

ive already checked that and it turns out that the dvd and motherboard are tied to eachother, so to replace either would make the xbox unoperational. quieting the dvd drive is going to be harder since 1/2 of it will be windowed, so therefore i will probably replace some of the dvd drive parts if I do do anything to quiet it down, I just really want to get this project done, its taking way too long and I really need the money.

I don't understand the point of doing this. I mean, you can't overclock the 360, so what's the point?

Back