• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

my overclock settings..any good?

newgamer22

n00b
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
27
Hi, could you guys look over my setup let me know if it's ok, if not what should be changed. So far it's running good no problem. CPU under load stays under 70


Bios 907

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
OC From CPU Level Up: AUTO
CPU Ratio Control: Manual
Ratio CMOS Setting: 9
FSB Frequency: 370
FSB Strap to North Bridge: 400
PCI-E Frequency: 100
DRAM Frequency: DDR2-1016
DRAM Command Rate: 2T
DRAM Timing Control: Auto
DRAM Static Read Control: DISABLED
Ai Clock Twister: Light
Transaction Booster: Disabled
CPU Voltage: 1.3875
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.50v
North Bridge Voltage: 1.45v
DRAM Voltage: 2.10v
FSB Termination Voltage: 1.30v
South Bridge Voltage: 1.05v
Loadline Calibration: ENABLED
CPU GTL Reference: AUTO
North Bridge GTL Reference: AUTO
DDR2 Channel A REF Voltage: AUTO
DDR2 Channel B REF Voltage: AUTO
DDR2 Controller REF Voltage: AUTO
SB 1.5V Voltage: AUTO
NB LED Selection: NB Volt
SB LED Selection: SB Volt
CPU LED Selection: CPU VOlt
Voltiminder LED: ENABLED
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
 
Is it stable with LinPack (Intel Burn Test)? Run that for about 20-50 tests and let us know if it's stable. You can also run OCCT if you want to be additionally sure. An OC needs to be stable, first and foremost. The numbers that you listed do not tell the whole story.
 
Prime95 is good, but that's the old path to take. I would strongly recommend LinPack (Intel Burn Test) which is probably one of the best stress/stability tests out there.
 
Good, now you just observe for stuff that tests can't pick up - crashes, game crashes, browser crashes, program crashes, you get the picture...
 
Everything looks good...just use it normally and observe any abnormal behavior and respond accordingly.
 
so i decided to run one more test, and this time it failed 5 out of 30. What could be the problem?
 
Simply means it's unstable and you need to play around with your settings again.
 
I'm the opposite...I can past intel burn test 50 times, never crash in games, but I can't pass orthos for more than an hour.
 
I tend to agree with the real like tests like the gaming arena.

If you can play Crysis at the settings of your choice without issues then great.

Running the benchmarks like Prime and Ortho's and so on are great for 100% stability confirmations, but if you can use the machine and play what you wanna play, IMHO that is the best test.
 
I also go for 100% stability even if I have to down clock a little bit. It may play fine in gaming until the day it doesn't, and thats not worth it.
 
What's yoru voltage at? Your 3.3 overclock uses the same voltage as mine does...im asssuming you got a 1.325 VID Q6600?
 
cpu is 1.39375 (running stability test for 1.8750 right now) and vid is 1.3250 (not sure how this is changed)
got it stable at 3.418 9x380 but temp are high, in 50's (idle) cput was a v1.43, Had to take it down to 3.37ghz again, temps just too high
 
What heatsink are you using? I'd would say you are running your CPU too hot I prefer not to exceed 65C during full load times.
 
true 120 extreme, maybe need to reapply thermal compaund
when i do these testings my CPU stays under 60 but core 0-3 they go up to 79 ? what does that mean? Should i worry about CPU temp or Core?
 
not sure on ambient temp, need to buy something to check it, but check this out CoreTemp is showing one temperature and RealTemp is showing another, it's not going over 64. Which one is more accurate?


edit
lol ambient=idle ;)
 
I've decided that on my B3 that RealTemp is more accurate, but if you wanted to be safe stick with Core Temp. I would highly suggest you reseat your cooler I'm sitting at 3.2GHz with a TRUE and a 1.4v vcore and ambient 27C and my temps are much better at 50-55C.
 
I'd say that RealTemp isn't correctly calibrated because it's pretty much impossible to have a delta T of lower than 10C with an air cooler. The best thing you could do is check to make sure there isn't too much paste or too little.
 
Back
Top