• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My Opteron 175 overclock - Any tips?

Appa

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
2,748
I've been overclocking my 175 and this is what I have so far:

I'm not going for 2.9 or anything that extreme, as I do not have watercooling. This is what I have so far:

2.6 GHz
CPU freq. 260
multiplier: 10x
CPU volts: 1.4
HT bus @ 1044 MHz w/ 4x multiplier obviously

RAM 217MHz DDR 333 "divider"
timing: 2.5-3-3-8 1T
volts: 2.75

Is there anything the [H] gods here think I should do to improve this? My idle temps are 33* load about 42* for the CPU.
 
SpoogeMonkey said:
Is this the max you can get, or just the farthest you have tried w/stock voltage?

This is the most I have gone with the given settings. I am perplexed at what to do with my RAM timings and how I should proceed further.

I have read that it is better to have tighter timings but lower RAM clock speed....or that I should try to have a lower HTT multiplier....I am just really confused so I am posting my setup to see if someone can offer constructive feedback on what I should change.
 
Have you tried taking the ram out of the equation? (1:2 ram divider, ht multi 3x, find max htt, cpu multi 5x)
After you find the max htt, start oc'ing the cpu....ah helll......just read Eclipse's guide. He explains it better :p
 
Back
Top