my operating system learned a new language but it did not teach me.

x1600c

Limp Gawd
I have a computer with both windows xp and windows 2000 on two different HDDs when I boot 2000 it seems as if the computer can't find the font for the characters so it displays strange characters instead triangles and the like. other than that, the OS is in perfect working order. What could cause this and is there a "quick fix" (no reformatting and reinstalling the OS unless I need to)

sounds like a corupted install. I think a reinstall would be the fastest easiest thing for you.

I agree, you can try reinstalling windows over top of itself, but if that does not work a format might be the only option.

regional settings in case you can find them.. usually doesnt hcange the language but its worth a shot...

a format will definalty clean that shit away...

that is happening on 2 different oses on 2 different drives? it seems rather unlikely both windows would simultaneously corrupt the same file or registry key.

does it happen to fonts rendered in your browser as well as windows, and does it do it to every graphic element in windows or just buttons, menus or whatever.

you can always try changing it in "appearance" tab of display properties. if you can figure out which buttons to click with the wierd font :) maybe someone played an evil trick on you and changed all your fonts to wingdings or something.

Back