• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My old baby

theGryphon

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
1,293
Hey all,
I had promised to post pictures of my first 4P in a closed case. We're talking about a full AMD 4P with all the components fit inside of a, I'll say tiny, NZXT Adamas case. To be precise, the case measures 19.29" x 7.48" x 17.13", while the SM board used measures 16.48" x 13" :eek:

I claim this is the smallest package an AMD 4P was ever built in! :D

Everything started in November 2007, when I purchased this case to build a system on Abit IP35-Pro (remember?) and Q6600 (what a beast it was, OC'ed to 4GHz!). After tons of different builds, I decided to build a 2P on an SM H8DG6 in it, and I did, last year. It was too late for me as I already had the bigadv fever :D. So, I said, let's try to fit a 4P in this thing.

What's inside:
1 x SM H8QGL-iF+
4 x AMD 6166HE processors (OC'ed to 2.34GHz)
4 x Noctua 92mm coolers with ALL 8 x 92mm fans
16 x 2GB Crucial Ballistix RAM
1 x 760W PC Power & Cooling PSU (non-modular)
1 x 16GB Samsung SSD
6 x 120mm fans (yes, 6)

Without further ado, here are the pics:

2iky177.jpg


2qs9kr8.jpg


f58493.jpg


2i703g8.jpg


2jep6bo.jpg


I was sad when I sold this system to a fellow folder last week, but it's good to know it's folding somewhere out there as it is :)
 
Like a glove.

Purdy system.... you people and cases ;)
 
Looks like an atomic bomb in a hand grenade shell, well done.
 
Very nice, I had my 4p in a nzxt phantom but I decided to move to a HAF 932 for more space.
 
just wanted to say that i'm the lucky guy that bought it! got it up and running today, and so far i love it! the case isn't too big, and even with all the fans, it's not that loud as i thought it would be.

thanks again theGryphon for a great sale (and system) :)
 
Mine is 19 x 15.25 x 7.75 even with the PSU over the expansion slots and the hard drive jammed in as close as possible. Your case looks like it was designed for that layout.
 
Yeah, I was impressed how everything fit together like a glove. Pay attention to the location of the fans on the side, well now top, door :D



Mine is 19 x 15.25 x 7.75 even with the PSU over the expansion slots and the hard drive jammed in as close as possible. Your case looks like it was designed for that layout.
 
Wow, no wasted space that's for sure. Gotta love that fan wedged in there perpendicular to the other one the CPU! Must be quite the little "hotbox". Better you than me tho, I'm like Spazturtle - moved my hex Server into a HAF932 for more breathing room and ease of access. I see you sold the 4P. Whatcha plannin' next? C'mon give me a hint, it's the least you can do after mowing so [H]ard a coupla weeks ago ... ;)
 
Well, this system actually keeps the CPUs surprisingly cool. With 68F room temp, my hottest tpc temp was 55C. The hottest CPU is the one at the corner, close to the 92mm fan, and I was using a small piece of carton to redirect the hot air from the other CPU towards the back and another piece of carton to redirect some fresh air from the 120mm fan in the front.

OK, I'll give you a hint for my new baby :)

Here the first hint (more to come):

10ge5p5.jpg


Do you know what it is?


Wow, no wasted space that's for sure. Gotta love that fan wedged in there perpendicular to the other one the CPU! Must be quite the little "hotbox". Better you than me tho, I'm like Spazturtle - moved my hex Server into a HAF932 for more breathing room and ease of access. I see you sold the 4P. Whatcha plannin' next? C'mon give me a hint, it's the least you can do after mowing so [H]ard a coupla weeks ago ... ;)
 
What's that...13 Noctuas

I have whole systems here that aren't worth what those fans are
 
Back
Top