My next SFF build : Sub 10L, Ryzen, GTX1070

Hi,

My current build is quite old and I would like to upgrade it in the next month. Currently, I'm using a Node, i5-2500k, GTX1070 ITX, 2.5" SSD, ATX power supply.

Going through the list of questions :

. What will you be doing with this PC? Programming, web browsing and some gaming (couple of hours per week).

2. Will you be overclocking? (If so, are you looking to watercool) No overclocking (maybe underclocking/undervolting), why not watercooling if efficient and not too expensive.

3. What's your budget? Probably around 900 CHF (~900$) but flexible.

4. Where do you live? Will order online.

5. What exact parts do you need for that budget? I already have my ITX GTX1070 but for the remaining parts :
- Sub 10L case if possible. Nice to have would be VESA mounted (dual VESA support for case + 34" 21/9 display) (Max 150$ for the case).
- Ryzen 1700 or 1500
- 16GB DDR4
- ITX GTX1070 (already bought)
- Samsung 960 Evo M.2
- Mainboard TBD
- Power supply TBD

7. What specific features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Thunderbolt? Crossfire or SLI support? How many USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s? etc. USB 3 required only

8. What resolution output do you need? My current 34" resolution is 3440x1440 but that's supported by my GTX1070.

9. Does this system need to fit into a particular space and do you need an optical drive? No optical drive. As written above, ideally mounted on a VESA support.

10. How comfortable are you with custom case design/modification and electrical wiring? Have a lot of tools (dremel, soldering stuff, drill, jigsaw) but no CNC

11. How important is the noise/silence of this sytem? Don't care when gaming but should be very silent when programming or web browsing.

12. How mobile does this system need to be? Not mobile at all.

13. Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit? Will order a Win10 licence.

14. When do you plan on building/buying the PC? In the next 2 months.

What would be your case recommendation ?

Thanks !

Back