My next recruit ...

ChristianVirtual

[H]ard DCOTM x3
My son successfully finished the examen to enter a private junior high school in Tokyo just today. Good job !!(y)

Now that as the semi-negative consequence that we told him to get a PC (or laptop) when he make it ... :confused: He just still loves Minecraft (which on the iPad he use today is a bit poor).

The good thing: I can borg it and let him crunch for the H-Team; sure he will not post anything here as you guys are at times not family safe; but his points we take :ninja:

Need to see now what system is useful enough for a 13year old punk. Desktop ? Laptop ? ...

Well...for longevity and less likelihood of physical destruction... desktop. However, if this is for school try finding out if he will need to actually take it anywhere. I'm not a fan of giving kids laptops as they tend to be less durable than they need to be. Desktops can get hand-me-downs from when Dad decides to upgrade GPU's....lol

I vote desktop as well. Laptops can be fragile or stolen.

Desktop if he doesn't need it in class. All through college, I never took a laptop to class just went back to the dorm and worked on my desktop. Everyone thought I was weird but it was a way more efficient experience for me.

Since the suggestion is solidly Desktop, let me recommend specs - how about threadripper and dual 1080ti? You know, for all that modeling and simulation homework these days?

Kidding aside, I assume there were no requirements by the school to have something portable? I'm surprised they don't give/require all kids to have computers these days.

Some schools actually do require laptops now at a grade school level...

Since the suggestion is solidly Desktop, let me recommend specs - how about threadripper and dual 1080ti? You know, for all that modeling and simulation homework these days?

Kidding aside, I assume there were no requirements by the school to have something portable? I'm surprised they don't give/require all kids to have computers these days.

Gotta have Titan's for that stuff. They're about the same price anyway.

Tell him to create a research project of his own so that H can dominate it. :D

Back