My Newly Completed Thermaltake Mozart TX Mod

tron256

n00b
Here are some showoff pics of my completed Thermaltake Mozart TX mod. I would have done a worklog for it but I don't have a digital camera. I had to borrow my brothers to take these shots. This is just the case. I don't have the money for new computer parts yet.

I got a Mozart TX because I wanted to run two water cooling loops. One for the CPU + Chipset + Other and one for two Video cards + Other. I also want it to be super quite and to look stock. I didn't want fans/tube/wires haning out of the case. Having just done a water cooling setup on my main rig I knew there was no way to fit this in a normal sized ATX case.

So here is is all done.
100_2355.jpg

Looks almost stock except for the modded fanbus and a diffrent power and reset switch.

Next the side.
100_2356.jpg

Also stock looking.

And the other side.
100_2357.jpg

Not stock at all. WAIT! I thought you said no fans hangin out?
Its not haning out! Its flush with the case. Also all that black around the cut is not because I did a crapy cut. Its dynamat folded over the cut. It was thicker then I thought leaving no room for the c-strip.

The Top.
100_2358.jpg

One Fillport/Reservoir and two holes for the screws on the radiators to bleed the air out.

Now the back.
100_2361.jpg

If you have ever seen a Mozart TX before you will note that I cut almost the whole back out. It says on Thermaltake's site that it will fit two 120.2 radiators. They didn't fit. :( There was just no way to make the fans or screw holes line up.

I put two drain ports on the back. Here is a close up.
100_2362.jpg

Now the inside.
100_2363.jpg

Dynamat! Both side panels, the front panel, the top and the bottem have dynamat. It took alittle less then three sheets. I had a bunch of odd sized pices left over, rather then waste them I found places to stick them. Something else I did was I relocated the hard drives. I didn't think having six very hot SAS drives right in front of the raditor was a good idea.

So where did I put them? Low on the other side of the case.
100_2366.jpg

There they are. Thats two vibration dampening mounts, Three hard drives per mount. They are also mounted on vibration dampening rubber mounts. They just barely fit. Also you will see the PSU. It is a PC Power and Cooling Turbo-Cool 1KW-SR. I didn't want it to end up being the loudest thing in the case. So modded it with that ultra quite 120mm fan. Its almost the same CFM as the stock fan.

One more pic. The hidden main reservoir.
100_2367.jpg

I didn't want some crapy small reservoir and none of the bay mount reservoirs really looked that good to me. So I got a nice one in a ugly color and then glued the stock drive bay dividers to it. Nice and hidden.

Thats it. Once I get a computer in to it I will do all the tubing. Also I haven't really decided how I'm going to cool the hard drives yet.

I think you need more Dynamat. I think I saw a spot you missed in the VERY corner!

Just kidding ;)

Looks good!

the fill and drain ports look excellent! you should line the side of the 4 fans with something so it looks more prof.

Which rads did you try using in the top of your case? I'm planning on a mozarttx for my next project early next year and don't want to need to do any modding as extensive as yours.

Which rads did you try using in the top of your case? I'm planning on a mozarttx for my next project early next year and don't want to need to do any modding as extensive as yours.

The rads a Thermochill PA120.2. There is no way to make them fit right with out modding the case.

How much too large were they? I'm wondering if my somewhat smaller MCR220 will fit, sizewise it's about 1/2" shorter than yours.

Thats one HUGE case, holy smokes. That side fan needs something done to it to make it look pretty. As it sits its a pretty big eyesore.

Back