• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

My new system (Questions)

troxed

n00b
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
13
First I want to say, hello to all of you. I have been visiting these forums for a long while now but I just registered today.

I just built my new system, I have a few questions because I am getting some weird results from benchmarks and system monitors.

Specs:
Intel Core I7 920
EVGA X58 3X SLI Motherboard
2x Western Digital Velociraptor 300GB RAID0
EVGA GTX 295
Corsair Dominator 1600MHz Triple Channel DDR3 (12GB)
Corsair HX1000W Power Supply
Antec 1200 Case
The CPU and Video Card is water cooled.

Cooling System:
Swiftech Apogee GTZ CPU Waterblock
Koolance VID-NX295 GPU Waterblock
Danger Den/Laing DDC-12V 18 Watt Version 3.2 Pump with DDC Acrylic Pump Top
Koolance EHX-1320BK 4x120mm Radiator

Here is a pic of my cooling loop, the pic was taken while I was still leak testing, the pump goes over the bottom hard drive cage and I built a custom radiator stand.




My first question: Is there any problem with my loop? It goes to the radiator first then to the cpu, then video card then back to the pump.

My CPU temps are around 27-30C at stock speeds and I overclocked the CPU to 3.5GHz and the temps did not go up at all while idle. Everest is saying that my individual core temps are 45-50C under a full load at stock speed and the same at 3.5GHz. My 3Dmark Vantage score is 22,000 at stock speeds. My second question is, should I trust these readings and continue to push the CPU or is there something better that I can use for monitoring the temps. Also, 50C doesn't seem that good for a stock CPU with water cooling. Is there something I am doing wrong?

The last question, why is my Vantage score so low with this system? I see people pushing 30-40k with similar systems. Any insight would be a huge help. I am not new to overclocking and system building. I am fairly new to water cooling, and I don't really know what to expect out of a system like this.
 
first off id like to say welcome to being a member of the forums.. second.. nice system..

as for the water cooling setup you might want to take a look in the water cooling section at the top of this sub forum and look at some of the pictures and see how they have them setup.. should help you..

as for the overclock you have plenty of room.. and your temps seem perfectly fine.. these cpu's run hot as heck and your still 30-35C under what most people run this cpu at on air(full load)..
 
Alright, thanks a lot for the response. Is Everest pretty reliable when it comes to accuracy for temps?
 
Alright, thanks a lot for the response. Is Everest pretty reliable when it comes to accuracy for temps?

honestly.. no..

me personally i use coretemp and speedfan.. in your case id use real temp and speedfan.. speedfan will give you the temps of all your hardware and real temps much more accurate for cpu temps in an intel system..
 
Thanks for the info, downloading now. I will post some full pics of my system in the gallery post.
 
For the record, idle temps are completely meaningless. You should ignore them and only consider your load temps when judging them for comparison.
 
For the record, idle temps are completely meaningless. You should ignore them and only consider your load temps when judging them for comparison.


thats with the c2d and c2q.. supposedly intel fixed the idle temp issue with the i7.. but i agree with you either way..
 
thats with the c2d and c2q.. supposedly intel fixed the idle temp issue with the i7.. but i agree with you either way..
No, Intel fixed the stuck sensor issue. The i7 sensors share the same inaccuracy at temperatures far from Tjmax.
 
Back
Top