My new speaker set up

Jbizzle

n00b
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
46
Temporary monitors that I'm borrowing. I think i might buy them if I do not come across something better though.

What do you guys think? (yes i know its not very neat, but I just hooked them up, and im working on where to put them haha)

3235403401_d1481b63e6_o.jpg


3235403455_60f31afdcb_o.jpg
 
Ah. Polk monitors are alright, but that receiver is pretty friggin sweet. How much you get the monitors for?
 
im borrowing the monitors. what would you recommend i buy for around 200?

oh, i did get the receiver for for free too :D
 
Wow. That's sick. Um... around 200? Hmm... try the Audioengine A2, Swan M200MKII, or Acculaine A1.

Do you need a subwoofer?

I am trying to think of a passive speaker for under $300, but it's just not working for me because I generally would only recommend them to people who can afford to actually buy a receiver that awesome.
 
I just recently bought a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.2, just over 200 shipped, and I love them.
 
A free Denon 4802?? Nice score!

One thing to consider is that each one of the Polks in your pics has 2 woofers + 1 tweeter. I think all the speakers mentioned here are bookshelves, meaning 1 woofer + 1 tweeter, so they'll have less of a bass punch than those Polks.
 
Aren't those Polk speakers center channel speakers? That's why they have the driver config like that. I use 2 Energy center channels as my rears because the drivers are exactly the same as the Energy C-100 rears they make but have one more midrange/woofer driver and cost exactly the same. I figured the center channel speakers were better bang-for-the-buck.

IMO, those speakers are too big for your desk so you should get a bigger desk or smaller speakers.
 
Wow. That's sick. Um... around 200? Hmm... try the Audioengine A2, Swan M200MKII, or Acculaine A1.

Um, he has a reciever. Why recommend powered speakers?
I've read good things about the Acculine A1's. Also considering the Polk TSi100's and a pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers for myself.

For $200, read up on the Infinity Primus P162 speakers.
 
Um, he has a reciever. Why recommend powered speakers?
I've read good things about the Acculine A1's. Also considering the Polk TSi100's and a pair of Yamaha bookshelf speakers for myself.

For $200, read up on the Infinity Primus P162 speakers.

Do you always just read parts of the post instead of all of it and then continue to make comments on them?

I recommend powered speakers because I don't know many passive speakers under the $200 mark unless they are used.
 
That's a pretty lame reason to recommend powered speakers.
Once again, read up on the Infinity Primus P162 bookshelfs.

I read the whole post. Duh. He said he has a receiver. Just because you can't think of a pair of bookshelf speakers under $300 doesn't mean they don't exist.
 
That's a pretty lame reason to recommend powered speakers.
Once again, read up on the Infinity Primus P162 bookshelfs.

I read the whole post. Duh. He said he has a receiver. Just because you can't think of a pair of bookshelf speakers under $300 doesn't mean they don't exist.

Yeah, I recommended what I can. I don't recommend random passive speakers that I've never heard or don't know anything about. Duh.
 
Take a look at www.thespeakercompany.com

They've been getting good reviews on audioholics.com (both official reviews and in their forums).

Here's a link to their bookshelf line:
http://www.thespeakercompany.com/Bookshelf-C6.aspx

If you can swing 325 a pair, take a look at magnepan's mmgw (wall mounted or you can get stands)
http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMGW

Also, take at look at vanns.com for specials
Some KEF's on sale here:
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/542300051/kef-iq1-black-ash

I'd also take a look at craigslist in your area, might be some deals in your area (ymmv) if you don't mind used stuff.
 
Back
Top