my new rig

jap

Weaksauce
new rig
Asus A8N-SLI mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket-939 (or 64 3200+ worth extra 40 €?)
Codegen 3307-CA ATX-350W minitower
Kingston 512MB DDR 400MHz CL3 (3-3-3-), PC-3200 (or Kingston Valueram 512MB Kit 400MHz DDR PC-3200, 2 x 256MB, CL3)
Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 80GB SATA150/7200 (orSamsung SpinPoint P80 80GB Serial ATA/SATA150)
XFX GF 6600GT 128MB GeForce 6600GT PCI-E Dual DVI/TV-Out -PCI-E

so is it all good any big bottlenecks?

That PSU looks a l'il iffy... I'd just get a case without a PSU and get a name-brand one seperately.

agreed dont go cheapy with the PSU...

Stoopid Guy said:
That PSU looks a l'il iffy... I'd just get a case without a PSU and get a name-brand one seperately.

why? there got to be some cuts in the budjet and the 350w power source sould be enough for 6600gt, sli and so on. yes is not perfect but ok i think,
but just curious what brand of case and psu would you recomend and how much it would cost? (cheaper is of cource better for me)

any opinion about the choices in processor,ram and harddrive?
this all in a best bang for the buck kinda way.

You might want to drop by the power supply forum and take a look at the sticky section. These newer computers need a really solid 12 volt section with high amperage. Your drives, your CPU and all the really important stuff all runs from that 12 volt rail.

The newer PSU’s even have dual 12 volt rails to conform with the new ATX 2.0 Standards.

I understand economy but your PSU is probably the most important part of your system these days. A low end PSU can actually do harm to your system in the worst case, it will prevent it from even booting in the best case.

Not a good place to “cheap out”, honest.

One lesson you will learn, cheaper isn't always better. If you are planning to OC, then the PSU becomes even more important. I am with the others, get a better PSU. Personally I recommend the OCZ Modstream, 520 Watt should be good, but thats me. Otherwise, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, Vantec and Enermax are all good.

jap said:
why? there got to be some cuts in the budjet and the 350w power source sould be enough for 6600gt, sli and so on. yes is not perfect but ok i think,

The thing is, all of the components work with the power that the PSU provides. If the power is shitty and unstable, you will have issues. That is why a good PSU is important, especially when OCing.

Antec Solution Series Power Supply 400W so how about this one for a psu?it has a 12 volt rale.So does the case matter or can i buy the ,well the coolest and cheapes one just if the psu fit there.

That looks like a fine PSU. As for the case, pretty much anything goes, just check that your mobo will fit in it ;)

jap said:
Antec Solution Series Power Supply 400W so how about this one for a psu?it has a 12 volt rale.So does the case matter or can i buy the ,well the coolest and cheapes one just if the psu fit there.
all psu's should have a 12v.. the important thing is that you have at the very minimum 20a on it.

I don’t think it was mentioned, but, that motherboard takes a 24 pin power supply plug, or ATX 2.0. Not the 20 pin we have become used to.

The proud owners of any of the new SLI boards are going to have to face the fact that they don’t have much option except to upgrade to one of the newer PSUS.

Sorry guys, it’s that way now.

The psu needs to be better as mentioned, I can recommend one:

large.jpg

Just buy an Antec SLK that comes with an Antec PSU. They make awsome cases/psu's and they arent that expensive, well worth the extra $$$. You could always get a sonata, comes with a 380w truepower which is really good for the price, plus its quiet and shiney :p

Antec SLK1650B so would this be ok?
i have heard that sonata makes annoing sound's(well from a one person anyway)

Back