My New Office

crowat

Limp Gawd
Ok, so feeling inspired with the couple of man cave posts I'we seen I wanted to share the current status of my new office project. About two weeks ago we finally finished our basement remodel. It went from bare bones block to finished space in about 3 weeks.

The Office Desks. The room is about 15' x 19' (my old office was about 12'x13'). As my wife was kind enough to ok the move she received her own working space.

It's still a bit of work in progress.

Oh also, every office needs a sports bar / home theater area.

The only gripe I have with the job the workers did is where the placed the side speakers. I had to work one Sunday PM while they were installing them and by the time I came back it was a done deal... I feel like they are too far out. Oh well I will invest in some nice floor standing ones one day.

The bar. (I need to hang some stuff on the walls still)

Another angle.

First few things are up on the wall.

Thanks for reading. I will post some WIP pics in the threads below.

Last edited:
Thanks, I am not a huge fan of projectors. The TV that is on there was free (51' Plazma). It is not the greatest but it will do fine for a bit. I do plan to replace it with a bigger/nicer one down the road.

If your receiver supports presence speakers (like modern Yamaha's) the front satelites look to be in a good position for that once you get your towers.

I actually prefer a wide front R/L on my surround sound. My entertainment unit has a Definitive center channel with 2 5.25" drivers plus tweeter, and i have the front speakers roughly 6' to either side of the tv. Since I also have a 50" Plasma, that means they are about 16 feet apart and sound great when tuned for it.

One thing I hate about living in California is we have no basements here. Ive always wanted to do a mancave in a basement... oh well, you can just invite me over to enjoy yours!

cant wait to get out of the service and have my own place, the lady already agreed for me to have a "man cave'! this is very nice like what have you done!

Looks good. Dig the beer fridge as well. Keep it stocked with good beer. Don't let any buddies bring over any shitty budwiser! LOL

Does your receiver support calibration of those speakers? Overall it looks good so as long as it sounds good in movies you should be golden. Otherwise could always upgrade to 7.1 since its such a large room.

The only gripe I have with the job the workers did is where the placed the side speakers. I had to work one Sunday PM while they were installing them and by the time I came back it was a done deal... I feel like they are too far out. Oh well I will invest in some nice floor standing ones one day.

Personally I think it's fine, you get better stereo imaging that way. If it's too close, panning scenes (i.e. car driving by) will sound like it's coming from one source.Defeating the purpose of having surrounds I would spread my fronts farther apart if I could , 2 feet from the edge of my set is not cutting it for me

Looks good. Dig the beer fridge as well. Keep it stocked with good beer. Don't let any buddies bring over any shitty budwiser! LOL

Does your receiver support calibration of those speakers? Overall it looks good so as long as it sounds good in movies you should be golden. Otherwise could always upgrade to 7.1 since its such a large room.

I have the Onkyo TX-NR509 receiver. Unfortunately it only does 5.1 surround. The sound is still good and with my BIC F12 it shares the room during some scenes. I did some messing about with the Audyssey EQ and it produced ok results. I am however liking more the manual configuration.

Combined with the energy speakers its a pretty decent budget setup. Thank you all for the kind comments guys!

As for the beer. I tend to like a variety of pilsners. Right now I have a fridge full of Paulaner Premium Pils. Trying to make the fridge a bud free zone!

very nice and clean.. love it. that HT room is begging for a projector. :)

Thank you all for the nice comments. I decided that for now, I will keep the speakers as is. I am growing to like the speaker positioning.

Btw the speakers are the Energy Take 5 Pack.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882269004

I did go to Costco today and noticed how they had the 70" and 80" Sharp TVs out. One day my friends, one day!

Best Buy has the 70"s and 80"s too looks way too big imo. I had to help wall mount a 70", what a pain in the butt

Back