• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

my new msi 9800pro

umcpgrad

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
2,800
is working funny as hell. Whenever I go into any games, it freezes then reset back to desktop then ati vpu recover screen loads up saying drivers and commands are not followed by the video card?? what gives??

somehow I e-mail newegg about this, they say 40 dollars restocking fees and 10 dollars for shipping... so basically I am out of 50 if I want to return this 200 dollars card...

ugh..
 
Did you have a nVidia card before the 9800 pro? Did you use driver cleaner or do a reformat?
 
If new drivers don't work then RMA Replacement.

You'll only be out $3.85 if you send it back priority mail.

Well, If it's under 3 lbs.


Actually, RMA Refund charges a restocking fee @ newegg?
 
yup, those mofos charges 20% now or something, how you get that shipping so low!??! not usps I am sure...

I am out of 40 dollars now.. that is great.. =T
 
btw, I have 2 9800pro msi card..

first one worked great..

second from newegg works funny as hell... btw, I noticed the second one on the back of the heatsink plate it is very loose... aka... as in the heatsink moves around...

it actually looks like it has been used... !!!
 
umcpgrad said:
is working funny as hell. Whenever I go into any games, it freezes then reset back to desktop then ati vpu recover screen loads up saying drivers and commands are not followed by the video card?? what gives??

somehow I e-mail newegg about this, they say 40 dollars restocking fees and 10 dollars for shipping... so basically I am out of 50 if I want to return this 200 dollars card...

ugh..

So you couldnt get the heatsink to sit tightly? Maybe one of the black retension pins broke and is not clamped down like it should be. Neweggs policy is they will not charge a restocking fee on defective items if the customer wants a replacement, but will if they just want a refund. So you might want to go with the replacement.
 
I actually asked them, they said no... but anyways shipping will still be on me .... and you are right the thing THAT HOLDS THE BACKPLATE IS NOT THERE, I JUST NOTICED.

I think that is bull... how It costs me either way.. :mad:

and I e-mailed newegg like 3 times... and no response for a day... and finally I called and waited 15 mins and finally got a response over the phone... oh oh... newegg is slipping... :eek:
 
$3.85 is USPS Priority.

Anywhere in the country under 3lbs.

It goes up from there.
 
Back
Top