My New Mouse: Decision Making Time

Mouse

• Total voters
What are you coming from? are you used to waited mice? needing something to custom fit your hand? or wirelessness?

I have the g700 so thats my pick, didnt like the feel of the G9X but the one i tried didnt have the larger cover on it so it was a bit too awkward.

None of the above. lol I'd say go with a Logitech Mx518. I've tried several others.; keep coming back to that one....

But of the above choices, I'd chose the G9x.

Is there a reason you want just those? (wireless?)

I would take the mamba for the best shape, but the G9x for the best (not all that great) sensor and not being wireless...

keep in mind the mx518 is pretty narrow for a mouse and makes you do an odd claw with your pinky and thumb tucking under to not drag on the mouse pad.

keep in mind the mx518 is pretty narrow for a mouse and makes you do an odd claw with your pinky and thumb tucking under to not drag on the mouse pad.

Either I have really small hands or you have really large hands. :p My grip is the same on my 518 as every other mouse I've owned. I actually like the mx518 a lot more than the G5 I had. It's got a good weight to it without having to play with a cartridge and it tracks well on almost any surface.

Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Best mouse I have ever owned bar none and it's only like $25. I guarantee you will not be dissapointed.

I have a Logitech Performance MX, and I'm loving it. Its a wireless mouse, but it also comes with a USB cable so that you can plug it in and use it while it is charging.

From what I've read the Mamba is basically just like the DeathAdder except wireless and with a different laser. I currently own a DeathAdder, MX518, and my G9x just arrived today. I'm using the wide grip and it's by far my favorite of the three (I use a claw grip).

Wow, all those mice are COMPLETELY different, and all meant for different people. If you like the basic shape of the mouse that came with the MX5000 combo, then go for the G700 (or the G500, which would be more similar). It's going to have roughly the same shape to it where the Mamba will be more flat and elongated and the G9x is more, um, stubby I guess?

All depends on you. Best bet, head out to a store (best buy or fry's would do) and try each in your hand. See what fits best.

Man, I didn't realize until you said that, but my pinky totally just drags on the mouse pad a bunch of the time with the mx518. You'd really think i would have noticed that before now.

G700 just feels right in my hand, I would highly recommend it and of course all the buttons.... THE BUTTONS!!!

i would stay away form the g700, if you really want wireless get the mamba, otherwise get the g9x. but it also depends on how it feels to you, so it might just be easier to check them out at the store. Like stated above i personally am in love with my mx518 and could not find a better mouse to replace it. I use a performance mx at work and its a great mouse just not for gaming, and my friend has a g700 that he already got tired of and sold and went back to his mx518. I personally have been wanting the mamba for a long time now because i love the way razer mice feel, but i just couldn't bring myself to spend $100+ on it.

If you must have wireless (like me), then the Mamba is your best option. Had the G700 and didnt like the way it felt, and it had too many buttons for me.
The mamba feels great in my hands, and has the perfect amount of buttons. I really miss the hyper-scroll wheel of my MX Revolution though (best mouse design ever IMO, just not the best sensor).

Going to vote for the g700, I've had multiple razer mice and all seem to have a relatively short lifespan. I was between the g700 and the steelseries xai for my new mouse and I got the xai, although there is no doubt the g700 is very nice.

Just opened my G700 yesterday. Using it for my htpc for gaming. Must say it is quite impressive for a wireless mouse, and it does have the option to be wired as well. Feels good in my hand, very responsive in games.

G9 is spectacular too. Use it for my main pc, best mouse I've used. Very durable and packed with useful features.

The only thing you may be disappointed with are the shapes/feel of either just depending on what you like. G9 definitely took some getting use to for me.

I got to open up a Mamba, Naga, G9x, and the G700 and the 700 blew them all away IMO, so I went with that. As for the tech, they're all close enough in dpi and whatnot that it's not going to matter for 99% of the stuff I use it for.

I didnt vote, as the only thing I would say is to stay away from the Mamba. Other than that, either the G9x (wired, claw grip) or the G700 (wireless, palm grip) is a good pick.

Back